More editing options for the Update Profile form

The Update Profile Email is too limited in editing options. Please allow us to adjust the witdh of the header image so that it can be as wide as the body text. I would also like to eliminate all that white space between the header image and the "Greeting" that remains after changing the "Title" and "Border" color to white (only way to get rid of them). The current design is severely outdated and I hesitate to let my customers see it as I don't believe it shows my company in a good light.

Using this email is the only way that Contacts can add or leave your Lists as they prefer, without you having to do it.

Thank you

9 Comments
Patrick_W
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you for the great feedback @WeSellPlants.

Best,

Patrick

GloriaC2
Rookie
In the update profile disclaimer, the text uses the word "member" to describe the user who is on our email list. This is problematic because in our organization, as in so many others, a member is a person who pays a monthly membership fee and enjoys discounts on events. This creates confusion in the mind of the email list subscriber wherein they claim to be a member when they arrive at an event. Please change this wording to eliminate the word, "member." Instead, you could use, "you belong to the email list."
GingerB520
Rookie
We would like to request a new feature on the Update Profile Form. We'd like the option of putting descriptive text below each Email List name.
ShawEagles
Rookie
I don't see a place to change the color of the button on the "Update Profile" landing page. I've seen it in other areas though. Please advise.
ErinB544
Campaign Contributor
I'd like to be able to update the verbiage - to perhaps: Unsubscribe to never receive emails from Bluffton University; Update your profile to select emails to receive.
S.T.
Rookie
The new template for "Welcome Email" is great--but there are no updated or new templates for "Update Subscriber Profile" and "Confirm Opt-in (Double Opt-in)" and "Reconfirm Opt-in to List." The old templates really look out of date--and don't match with the elegance of the new "Welcome Email."
Frankie_P

Hi @S.T. thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We have merged your post into a larger thread focused on this request. The more requests and kudos a feature request thread like this receives, the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to allow for further editing of the Update Profile page but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

MikeO377
Rookie

I just had to go through multiple rounds of support messages to find a way to let my subscribers unsubscribe from one list while staying subscribed to another. I eventually found my answer in the "Update Profile Form," but the option seems to have been shoved in a corner and forgotten about, which is crazy since this is a really basic feature of any mailing list.

• The page is hidden behind a "Legacy landing pages" option. What's legacy about it, when it's the default button that people see? To my knowledge (and if my knowledge is wrong, that's another issue because I've tried to find out), it can't be replaced with a non-legacy landing page.
  • The visuals are awful and there's very little customization available. The edit page allows line breaks, but they don't appear in the published page. Please allow basic formatting (line breaks, bold/italics, bullet points, links), and preferably things like font choice, button color, and a set width container for the page content.
  • It's not cross-browser editable. On Firefox, clicking Edit from the Legacy Landing Pages page does absolutely nothing.
  • The "Preview Form" button on the edit page doesn't reflect what users actually see when they click the Update Profile button in an email. The "Select only the interests for which you DO want to receive occasional emails." line, for example, doesn't show up in the preview.
  • The default state of the form is nigh useless. There are no inputs for contact info, and even the legal text at the bottom said "By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: ." without including my company name.
  • Especially given how dire the default state is, Constant Contact should really prompt users to update it if they never have.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More