how to reverse this for a subscriber
Clique_Marketing
Topics: 13
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

fix opted out

[ Edited ]

The person who opted out needs to sign back up themselves.

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

fix opted out

[ Edited ]

Hi Judy, If someone on your list has opted out by accident, you can do the following. You can direct them to the Update Profile link in the footer of their email. You can direct them to a signup box on your website. If you have a recently sent email in your inbox from your account, you can click on Forward to a Friend and forward it to them. All of these options will allow them to re-opt in. We will send them an Update Profile email that once they fill out the form, they will be back on your list. I hope this helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor
sbonzell

fix opted out

[ Edited ]

If they opted out they aren't getting the email to click on the Update Profile link in the footer in the first place. When I forward the email, it doesn't show as the pretty email I put together, even though html format is selected. There is not direct link at the bottom to ask them to click on in order to re-opt in. Is there a simple url you can provide to me so that I can provide that to them to opt back in?

Occasional Visitor
sbonzell

fix opted out

[ Edited ]

Never mind....I figured it out!

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

fix opted out

[ Edited ]

Sounds great, Judy! I apologize for any confusion. You would want to click on the Forward to a Friend link that we provide in the email instead of clicking on the forward button in your email client. By clicking on our link, it sends them the same email that you were sent. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with! Take care! Marissa

Marissa Rogers

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Visitor
SilkeB

Re: fix opted out

Has anyone got a simple way of me helping someone to sign up again after they have opted out.  I've read the instructions on Constant Contact but I can't make much sense of them. Thanks

Jeff_G

Re: fix opted out

Hi Silke. If someone has opted out, they will need to resubscribe. You can provide the link for them to resubscribe with. The simplest way to get that link is from your Constant Contact account.

1. Go to your Contacts tab.
  2. Click on Sign-Up Tools.
    signup.png

3. Click on 'Get a link to my website signup form"
  4. Scroll down to "Need a quick link to your signup form?"
  5. Select and copy the URL.

Then you can paste the URL in an email to the person who needs to resubscribe. When they go to that link, they will be asked for their email address, and when it recognizes their email, will send a Change of Interest email confirming that they want to resubscribe. They will need to click on the link in that email and follow the steps to be resubscribed.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Gilson