making it easier to search for contacts copied from Outlook

0 Votes

Hi this is a small improvement suggestion - something fairly small but happens many times to me and many people I imagine!

I receive an e-mail from someone saying their e-mail address has changed, can I update my records.

So I have to go to CC 'contacts', and enter the person's e-mail address, and search for it.

But CC only finds a contact if it is entered precisely.

When a contact is copied directly from Outlook, it is in a format like

Anwarudin <anwarudin@mogsc.org.my>

As soon as I paste it into your box, your system starts looking for it, and can't find it, because the address in your system is

anwarudin@mogsc.org.my

I delete the Anwarudin < and then the system starts searching again but still can't find it because of the > at the end.

The workaround is to paste the e-mail into notepad, manually remove everything apart from the e-mail address and search, but that is a hassle.

I would imagine you could fairly easily write software which would only search for an address within the < >

Cheers Karl

2 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @karljeffery thanks for sharing your feedback on this! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

With the redesign of our Contacts page last year, pasting in contacts with greater/less than signs around the email address will allow the contact to be uploaded properly!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More