Want The 'Contacts' View To Be Default

0 Votes

Where do I find out how many active contacts I have? In he old system, I liked the contact tab better than this new tab. Confusing to delete addresses too, although I figured it out after a few minutes...

9 Comments
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @MichaelN58039,

Thank you for submitting this feedback! We are relying on the feedback during the BETA phase to better prioritize our work. In order to view all your Active contacts, you will want to click Contacts > 3 dots on the top right > View All Contacts. Once you get on the 'All Contacts' page, there is a drop down for 'All Statuses' at the top, which you can choose 'All Subscribed' instead. This will show you all contacts that are actively subscribed to your account.

Are you able to share where you would ideally like to see this option? As well as what was confusing about deleting addresses that you would like to see changed?

MichaelN58039
Campaign Contributor

When I first hit the contact button up top, I would like to automatically see the total number of contacts subscribed without having to do the extra steps you guys implemented.  You are making this too complicated to use.  SIMPLE is BETTER.

Bio-Mechanics_Cycles
Marketing Legend
The new Contact section (where you just see your lists but have to click to find your actual contacts) is not good. I click into Contacts to see my contacts, not my lists! Please change it back to the way it was.
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Bio-Mechanics_Cycles ,

Thank you for this feedback! We've recently made a change where we added the 'Contacts' sub nav next to 'Lists' and 'Segments' underneath the 'Contacts' tab, so it will still default to your lists at first but you can click the tab more easily to then see your Contacts instead.

Would you say this has made it any better for you at all?

Bio-Mechanics_Cycles
Marketing Legend

Hi Beatriz!

Thanks for making the change. It has improved it for sure. Is it possible to make Contacts the default instead?

Also, in the Contacts section itself, can 'Last Name' be the default search field? Usually that's what you're searching by, rather than typing in an email address. The old system was great as you could start typing to bring up suggestions, and didn't need to change the drop down to specify what parameter you were searching by.

Beatriz_R
Employee

Hello @Bio-Mechanics_Cycles ,

I'm happy to hear the addition of the 'Contacts' sub-nav has improved the navigation for you. At this time there is not a way to set defaults, however I've passed along your feedback to the team.

I can say that there will be improvements made to the 'Search' function as well as being able to dictate which columns you can view after the initial Beta release, though I don't have an exact timeframe for that quite yet.

I've moved this post to voting for the feedback on making 'Contacts' the default view! Thank you!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

NYCT2018
Campaign Collaborator
I don't like the new design of the Contacts page. I need to be able to quickly search for contacts by name. It used to be that the search form was available as soon as I click on Contacts. Now when I click on Contacts, I see Lists instead and I have to click on Contacts in the submenu, then click again to select Name in the dropdown to search for a person by name. This is very inconvenient.
Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

We now remember the last clicked sub-tab, and will automatically load that tab. So if you normally work in the Contacts view, that should end up being the default.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More