cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Marketing is a great tactic...

Contributing Solution Provider

for your inbound marketing campaigns. Just make sure all your ducks are in a row.

I recently had a conversation with a customer regarding what value there is by sharing more of his marketing content in a variety of channels. He referred to it as multi-channel for multi-devices or as some say, cross-channel marketing.

It sounds good, works good and it is in use by many companies today. So what can go wrong?

• The failure of not creating enough knowledge based content is usually a kink in the marketing pipeline.
  • Companies hoping to see good results need to be on the channel(s) customers prefer to use. This, in most cases, is more than one channel.
  • The content must be beneficial and offer solutions that can make them look forward to your next marketing piece.
  • Content marketing works well with B2B companies where there is a long lead time for a purchase.
  • The use of analytics and assessing the data is critical for success.

Missing even one of the above, could impact your desired results for your inbound marketing program.

Tracking and analytics support content marketing.

Tracking and analytics is an important part of your content marketing that should not be neglected. There are very few people who will acknowledge reading content and even less who will give you their opinion. That is, unless they have a bone of contention about the content, but that’s another story.

But data is able to tell you what you should know. Are we on the right track? Should we post more on a customer issue we solved? Do we have sales bring them a specific report on how we resolved a similar issue? How much content should be free and what content should we lock behind a simple form to gather some information?

Today, these are questions that can be answered.

When an article is posted or linked we are able to ascertain the amount of views, time on the pages, etc. Having that information can tell us the importance of the content and how many eyes viewed it. Studying analytics and data leads to better content and results.

Better business relationships start with awareness of your products and services. As an inbound marketing person it is your duty to keep nurturing the contact with the right content she appreciates receiving. Data analysis with input from the sales team will keep the right content hitting her desk in a timely fashion.

Marketing and sales must work together.

Marketing sets the table and sales will get the order. Seeing results, studying the data, testing ideas and giving sales the tools they need is creating a better return on investment than ever before.

When you need to go outside to a supplier of content, studying analytics and placement is all about saving time and making money for you and your supplier.

Please give us a call, (800-251-3608) or send me an email (marketingdoc@live.com) comment for more information about a successful marketing content program.

Thanks for reading and please share with others.

Everything marketing starts and ends with your customers… cater to them, listen to them and react to them. The results will amaze you.

Mike Deuerling

NewLogo.jpg

MarketingDoc

I have owned and operated a variety of businesses during my thirty plus years as an entrepreneur. Being a SMB, I have engaged with others to learn and understand how each one was operated. I have had an inquisitive mind my whole life. I have an associate degree in science, completed an apprentice program in carpentry, studied design at another college and received a four year degree in Marketing, and added a few post graduate classes as well. SMB's have used direct marketing and mail as their main channel of communications for many years. Now the swing of the pendulum of marketing has led many to the latest trends in digital marketing. Data drives all forms of marketing communication. However, raw data must be analyzed, segmented, profiled, measured and tested to make the data useful to marketing. Great direct marketing mail processing is like peeling an onion. There are many layers you unfold to get your desired results. The process is easy to understand, and once you learn it, you’ll see what the phrase, “a labor of love” really means. If you have a goal to learn more about your customers from each communication, you will see positive results stemming from each subsequent mailing. The people who complain the loudest about their results when using direct marketing mail is usually those that did not follow the process. Not following the process is like the baker who missed using the correct amount of yeast in a recipe for bread. She wasted a lot of dough. Learning and having the techniques and fundamentals of direct marketing is a valuable skill to have today. Direct marketing mail helps a SMB focus more on results while listening and learning what their customers want. What makes me different? I’m motivated to help every one of my customers use the right tools to meet their goals. In the present digital age, marketing coupled with technology is a skill set now in high demand. I have always embraced the use of technology with marketing.