cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here’s Why Crazy and Wild Sales are Best Left to Others…

Contributing Solution Provider

stencil.default.done.jpgbecause there are 12 Months in a year.

Many Black Friday sales started the Monday of Thanksgiving week. In fact, I believe some advertisers are still promoting Black Friday.

Cyber Monday turned into Cyber Week and appears to beat the daily sales period of Black Friday.

Since our firm is mostly Business2Business, healthcare practitioners and charitable not-for-profit organizations I have the luxury of taking a back seat and watch the carnage.

Marketing a Small Biz Needs to Focus.

Small Biz marketing today has many options to consider with marketing and advertising.

• Multi-channel
  • Email
  • Social Media
  • Direct Mail
  • Websites
  • Landing Pages
  • Sales people
  • Video
  • Ad infinitum

I recall, the simplest form of marketing and advertising is sending a relevant message,

or placing an ad in a customer favorite communication channel,

that goes directly to the customer and

enter the short waiting period to see if you get a response.

It’s not easy, if youAttraction.png only hope for a response, any response.

The need to generate new business leads has remained a constant throughout the years. We live in the digital age and many aspects of marketing have been somewhat automated. The ability to deliver a great advertisement for your business, is still a core skill needed by every business owner.

The one main marketing ingredient that is somewhat similar in the marketing game, is your customers. You need to learn more about them. Why did direct mail take off in the 50’s? A sale on a product or service went directly to the homeowner's mailbox via US Mail. This piece of mail went directly to a prospect’s hand with virtually no competition.

Change is a good thing.

When marketing can get an offer directly to a customer, and the customer responds with a purchase, that is a good thing. It pays to take some time to look at each customer. You must learn more about them. This can be a survey, data analytics, building customer profiles, and so forth. There are so many ways to study customer behavior.Looking.4.Cust.png

That’s the one thing about marketing which is always true. Knowing customers inside and out, works to your advantage all the time.

Summary

Here’s a tip that I use when I start grading possible customer habits. The MarketingDoc Model of customer acquisition is –

get the customers attention,

be creative with copy and design, and

increase attraction by giving them reasons that your company is the real deal to do business.

Let me know what you think.

DMS-LOGOV3_Red.pngNeed more Direct Marketing Success?

The articles in each issue of Direct Marketing Success are ready to help you acquire new customers, and get your existing customers to buy more. To get your copy today, click here.

Thanks for reading. Any questions please post them below.

Marketing eValuations – Teaching – Consultation. It’s what I do.

Thanks for reading. Any questions please post them below.

Evaluate, Teaching and Coaching Marketing – It’s what I do.

The BEST for your DIRECT MARKETING SUCCESS!!!

Mike Deuerling

md@dmcm.net  800.251.3608
DocTake4Web.png

© 2007-2017 by the Marketing Communications Group, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, or reproduced in any way, including but not limited to digital copying and printing without the prior agreement and written permission of the publisher. Photographs are purchased from such companies as I-Stock, Windows Clip Art, HubSpot, PhotoPin, DepositPhotos, Solid Stock, Unsplash or John Deuerling.CodeLogoSVCS.png

MarketingDoc

I have owned and operated a variety of businesses during my thirty plus years as an entrepreneur. Being a SMB, I have engaged with others to learn and understand how each one was operated. I have had an inquisitive mind my whole life. I have an associate degree in science, completed an apprentice program in carpentry, studied design at another college and received a four year degree in Marketing, and added a few post graduate classes as well. SMB's have used direct marketing and mail as their main channel of communications for many years. Now the swing of the pendulum of marketing has led many to the latest trends in digital marketing. Data drives all forms of marketing communication. However, raw data must be analyzed, segmented, profiled, measured and tested to make the data useful to marketing. Great direct marketing mail processing is like peeling an onion. There are many layers you unfold to get your desired results. The process is easy to understand, and once you learn it, you’ll see what the phrase, “a labor of love” really means. If you have a goal to learn more about your customers from each communication, you will see positive results stemming from each subsequent mailing. The people who complain the loudest about their results when using direct marketing mail is usually those that did not follow the process. Not following the process is like the baker who missed using the correct amount of yeast in a recipe for bread. She wasted a lot of dough. Learning and having the techniques and fundamentals of direct marketing is a valuable skill to have today. Direct marketing mail helps a SMB focus more on results while listening and learning what their customers want. What makes me different? I’m motivated to help every one of my customers use the right tools to meet their goals. In the present digital age, marketing coupled with technology is a skill set now in high demand. I have always embraced the use of technology with marketing.

2 Comments
Visitor

oh my god , tks 

Contributing Solution Provider

Thanks