cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT'S STARTING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS

Solution Provider

Black Friday sale imageBlack Friday sale image

Black Friday is the official indicator that Santa Claus is on his way.  Retailers compete to tell you about the many specials they're offering at 4:00 a.m., on Friday morning. 

However, you, small business owner, may be paralyzed with fear because you haven't started your Christmas marketing, and even worse, you don't know where to start.  Never fear, all is not lost.  In fact, your failure to compete with all those other voices, is probably a good business choice.

Sure, Black Friday IS still the biggest retailer shopping day.  But just think, do you have the inventory, staff and space to handle mobs of people?  Can your nerves handle it?  Will you need one week, to recover from that one day sale?  Sure, a blockbuster Black Friday is the equivalent of a business person's sugar plums.  But, in all actually, none of us small business owners can handle Walmart-sized shopping crowds.  

There is still plenty of time to market to your target audience.  Most of them haven't finished their Christmas shopping.  In fact, ShopperTrak, a retailer analytics provider, insists there are nine more days left.  And you, small business owner, can take advantage of them, without unruly mobs, fights and security guards.  Eight of those biggest sales days are in December.  According to ShopperTrak, the second biggest sale day, after Black Friday, is December 23rd; just two days before Christmas.

Email marketing is magicEmail marketing is magicSEND THEM A PERSONALIZED EMAIL

How do I reach those shoppers, you ask?  Well, holiday email marketing is a great start.  You've been diligently collecting those email addresses all year, haven't you? (I see some of you shaking your heads, no; well, you can just skip to the next paragraph.)  Now is the perfect time to put those addresses to great use.  Create personalized, Christmas themed emails, that tell your addressee about your goods and services.  Don't forget, your audience will shop after Christmas, too.  So make sure they know you'll have things to offer after the most givingest time of the year.  (Yeah, I know that's not a word.)Social mediaSocial media

GET SOCIAL WITH THEM

1. There are a few things you can do, that will differentiate you from your competitors.  Decorate your profile and cover.  You decorate your Christmas tree, don't you?  Doing the same with your profile and cover let browsers know your posts are current and get's them into the holiday spirit.
  2. Create Christmas offers, they can't resist.  You know your customers and what they like.  Tailor your ads for the things that they like to buy.  Emphasize the information that your audience will deem important.  Don't make them hunt for it.  Also, don't make the information compete with a busy background.
  3. Don't just sell.  Share something about you and your brand.  Profile staff.  Not only will you personify your business, you'll make your staff happy, too.

I could go on and on.  But, I won't.  Just because I have some marketing to do.  However, no matter what marketing ideas you incorporate, make sure you analyze the results.  The analysis will help you determine which things work and which ones don't.  They'll also help you in 2018.  You'll have an idea of the things that make your audience tick.

Happy 2017 Christmas marketing.  

LorenR60

I am a law school graduate (attorney) with a MBA, marketing concentration. I own Millennia Media, LLC, a marketing agency, based in New Jersey. I love marketing; how it changes perceptions, its reach and its continuous evolution.