Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring Cleaning Your Email List

Contributing Solution Provider

Pro tip:

1. download a list
2. note contacts lacking 1st name
3. copy email address into gmail to line - using LinkedIn Sales Navigator lite - it will pull up the name if the person uses that email address for LinkedIn. Or, gmail might show you the person's name, or both. 
4. Connect with the person on LinkedIn if that makes sense.
5. Update the record on your spreadsheet
6. Upload list back into your ESM

2018-05-04 18.21.30.jpg

Photo of a lake - Kitsap Peninsula, Washington, USA 

AlbertKaufman

Albert Kaufman - I am a master certified Constant Contact solution provider - here to help you make the most out of your account. Join my list @ tinyurl.com/albertkaufman1111

6 Comments
Visitor

Dear Albert

i have spreadsheet  with about 3000 Emails but i am not sure they still working emails or not,may you recommend us good and easy way to verify if these emails still working or not?

best regards

Ahmed

CTCT Employee

Hi @ahmeds785,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. At this time, we do not have any validation tools to determine whether an email address is good or not. Typically, if you have email addresses that bounce, depending on the type of bounce, we usually suggest to remove the email address from the database. For instance, if you have an email address that has bounced as Non-Existent, we suggest to first check if there are any typos, if not, then remove the email address. Also, if a contact has bounced as Undeliverable a number of times already, then they are good candidates to remove from your database as well. I would suggest to continue mailing your contacts and if you notice that they are bouncing, check which types they are and if you have to, remove them. For more information on how to do this and for a chart on which bounce types there are and what to do with them, please click here. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Visitor

Hello!

Is there a way to tell what the open history is with my email addresses from customers?  If they have never opened my email I want to delete them so I won't have to pay for that person on my e-news list.

Thank you!

Russ H

CTCT Employee

Hi @RussH078

That's a great question! I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to find these contacts in your account. I apologize at this time we do not currently offer a cumulative report of who has not been opening your emails. We do however have workaround steps listed here. I hope this helps!

Regular Visitor

How do I print out a list of my contacts?