cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the Writer's Block & Light Your Content on Fire

Solution Provider

Stop Writter's BlockDon’t let writer's block stop you from producing quality content for your marketing this year.  You don’t have to be a professional writer to have quality content to share on your social media networks or to have a blog.

The first thing you need to do is figure out what you want to talk about.

• Start with a list of all the topics you would like to cover in various content pieces. You do not have to go into detail just write a list of topics.
  • Now think about the FAQ you get from clients and customers. Sometimes the easiest FAQs are the best content ideas to start with.
  • Brainstorm different ways you can use these ideas in terms of the type of content you want to create.
    • Video
    • Podcast
    • blog etc.
  • Keep this list on your desktop or somewhere handy so when new ideas pop into your head or new questions from a client is asked you can jot it down.

The worlds easiest way to create tons of sharable content:

Another easy content idea is the top ____ series. Basically it is a list of your top tips for a subject. You will want to title it the top *blank* ways to *Blank*

For example. I want to write about the top ways to create great content but I don’t know how many I will be able to get down so that is where the blank comes from. Once I have completed my list of suggestions I will have number. If I write about 5 ways to get great content then I would title my content “The top 5 ways to get great content”. If I create 20 great ways to get create content then I may consider making it a series of blogs or videos to keep things short and simple. I can then share one tip from my blog/video each day on my Facebook page with a “learn more at” call to action.  In essence I have created a great deal of sharable content from one piece of hosted content (blog, video, email, etc).

Another great way to create a ton of sharable content is to consider doing an ABC article. Like the ABC’s of a given topic. Like the top blank article this will create a great deal of sharable content from one piece of work.

Example:

The ABC’s of a great Facebook Page:

A: Authenticity - being authentic is very important in social media especially if you are conducting business online. “All things being equal people do business with and refer business to those they know, like, and trust.” ~ Kevin Knebl. When we are authentic we are aiding in the building of know like trust relationships.

B: Branding - The way you brand yourself on your Facebook page is just as important as the way you brand yourself on your website. Take the time to make sure you have a strong consistent brand. Your imagery is spot on, your about section reflects your brand exactly how you want it and your content is supporting your brand.

ETC...

Staying in the know

If you want to be someone who creates great content you have to be someone who loves to read. Staying up on your industries news and trends from various outlets will help you not only stay in the know but inspire you to create great content from what you learn. Also getting involved in online communities and groups will help generate new ideas based on the questions folks ask, the discussions you participate in and the topics that are presented in those groups.

Places to get content ideas:

• Social Networks
    • Groups in your niche
    • What's’ hot? What are people talking about today?
  • Google Alerts & Google News
    • Follow niche topics
    • search for specific topics and resources
  • Read More with the help of apps and website that bring it all to you
    • LinkedIn Today
    • Alltop.com
    • Zite.com
    • Digg/StumbleUpon/HackerNews
  • Stay in the know
    • subscribe to blogs and sites in your niche
    • Listen to more podcast in your niche
  • Where there is a question there is an opportunity
    • Quora.com
    • Just ask your audience

Change up your content:

• Interviews
  • Guest content creators
  • Consider your FAQ
    • Write about it
    • Do a screencast or video how to to answer questions or demonstrate products
  • Pick your own brain and do some top 5 or top 10 list

Create a content calendar and/or a list for ideas

Take advantage of those spurts of creativity and when the mood hits create, create, create. Then you can use your content calendar to spread out postings and content over the course of several weeks.

Search is a complicated and evolving art and science, so rather than focusing on specific algorithmic tweaks, we encourage you to focus on delivering the best possible experience for users.” – Google

Read more at http://www.jeffbullas.com/2012/10/26/23-hints-for-creating-content-that-google-loves-infographic/#rl...

So you have a list of topics but you just don’t know what to write? It might be time to hire a professional to do the work for you. Contractors can range from very inexpensive to over the top and it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If all you want is a few decently written blogs think small budget, but if you want content that will be sold or is at the forefront of your marketing (your website’s copy or a whitepaper you will be giving out to all your visitors) then you best be ready to spend a little more on that. Here are a couple of places you can go to find contractors for any budget:

www.odesk.com

www.elance.com

www.writeraccess.com

www.fiverr.com

Hiring an author contractor can come with some risk. You want to make sure that the content is relevant, that it covers the topics you had assigned and that is was not copied or plagiarized. Here are some tools to helps check for duplicate copy. Be sure to let contractors know you will be using a checking tool to be sure they are writing original content.

www.copyscape.com

smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker

www.duplichecker.com

If you are at a roadblock and need content for your blog but you don’t have the budget to pay consider a guest blogging solution. Guest blogging is a fantastic way to introduce your site to a larger audience as well as create a new perspective in your sphere. Be sure to find guest bloggers that are not SPAMMING nor competitive with your brand. Set the rules before you accept them as a guest blogger.

A great place to find guest bloggers: http://www.bloggerlinkup.com

Stellar247

Kelly Noble Mirabella has had extensive experience with social media for both personal and business use. With a foundation in networking and traditional marketing to supplement her social tech savvy, Kelly has built her reputation in the marketing industry on referrals and the vast network of professional connections she’s worked hard to build and nourish over the years. Kelly is the Owner of Stellar Media Marketing and Club Stellar now based in beautiful Santa Clarita, California but helping clients all over the nation.