cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Layout of Creative Marketing Begins with…

Contributing Solution Provider

creativity for converting more people to customers.

Let’s face it, the variety of ways to get a customer in a B2B small business is an unknown number. If you were looking at a map of planet earth, the customer attraction tactic, may be to send a message to everyone on the planet. Is there an app for that?

Some ridicules example? Absolutely. But honestly it does feel like that at times, right?

I found the featured graphic in today’s post a few years ago on Deposit Photos. I used it in a post, “12 ideas to write better copy in direct marketing.”

I think the one missing link in B2B small business marketing is the lack of creativity throughout the marketing strategy, planning, advertising and sales.

Look at our featured image. There is graphic design, branding, and print design. Print design for this post means whatever the advertising and communication channel is used to deliver your message.Creativity-web.jpg

Now look closer at the creativity photo.

The light going on in the persons brain starts the thinking about the next marketing effort. Scattered around are some of the tools required to use for building the strategy and marketing message. For example, creating the copy for the campaign.

When copywriting your next customer marketing message but before sharing with your team, consider creativity –

1. Your copywriting must grab the attention of the readers.
  2. The copy must focus on them and not your company.
  3. Differentiate your product or service from your competition.
  4. Tailor your copy to relevant niche customer segments or profiles.
  5. Use as many of your customer’s favorite communication channels as possible.
  6. Tell them why they should buy from you and no one else.

That’s about as quick and concise way to mix creativity using direct marketing copy. But without creativity in your organization, you may be burnt toast.

Your company is not going to stay the same forever and that goes for your creativity.

A good product and service will help your company grow. As that happens some of the one-to-one personal dialogue becomes harder to maintain. Further, customers change, the market is ever-changing and there is more competition, direct and even indirect that you face daily.

You’ll want to match your products to the wants and needs of as many customers and prospects as possible. Seeing the big picture, creates more creativity.

Sales people kept their focus on customer needs creatively.

The knowledgeable sales person can start a conversation with a customer where they left off the last time they talked. CRM usage will make the conversation more relevant to both parties. No time was wasted, and a good sales person used it as a leg up on the competition. That was truly a branding moment at its finest.

Writing good proposals is an example of knowledgeable data users for use in B2B sales. No matter how hard you try to piece together good copywriting, if the data is bad, then your copy is bad.

If your data is good, great writing gets to the point quickly. Your objective is to get the reader’s attention and attract the reader’s interest, quickly. The copy does not need to sell but to generate immediate interest, such as sending the reader to a website landing page. Another awesome creative moment.

Digital marketing.

In the age of digital marketing via numerous communication channels, people do not hesitate to move on to something else, quickly. Even the fastest and most motivated readers cannot read everything they wish. When you are direct, and your readers know your point immediately, they are more willing to connect with you and eventually make a purchase.

As with all the direct marketing strategies, customer-centric, direct mail, data driven, and digital marketing, all work better together when built on creativity. If you are into digital, try using copy designed for mail, direct response or direct marketing. These strategies not only focus on direct-2-customer creativity, but using customer data for segmentation, profiling and relevant communications to create a purchase.

The backbone of direct marketing copy is simple – reach your customers in a timely manner with relevant communication, present an offer and a product that exceeds their customer satisfaction.

Summary.

Direct marketing is creativity. Creating more ways to get customers to buy, such as:

1. Create a picture of your customers’ buying patterns.
  2. Create customized offers for any marketing channel such as direct mail, email or social media.
  3. Create an increasing number of marketing responses, leading to better revenue.
  4. Learning what is relevant for each contact.
  5. Add and correct customer information into your database CRM.

Thanks for reading and please share my creative advertising and marketing with others.

Follow me on LinkedInTwitterFacebook and if you like what you see, subscribe here for regular posting.

Thanks for reading and please share with others – except your competition! It is truly appreciated.

Learning, Marketing and Advertising, MCG eVal.u.ations, Coaching, and Consulting.

It’s what we do. It’s what we like to do.

Eval_type.Rev.7.png

Small-logoWeb.png

Questions?                                                                   

answerme@dmcm.net
Mike Deuerling, aka MarketingDoc
Marketing Communications Group, Inc.

© 2007-2018 by the Marketing Communications Group, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, or reproduced in any way, including but not limited to digital copying and printing without the prior agreement and written permission of the publisher. Photographs are purchased from such companies as I-Stock, Windows Clip Art, HubSpot, PhotoPin, DepositPhotos, Solid Stock, Unsplash, Stencil or John Deuerling. All original content on these pages is fingerprinted and certified by Digiprove

CodeLogoSVCS.png

MarketingDoc

I have owned and operated a variety of businesses during my thirty plus years as an entrepreneur. Being a SMB, I have engaged with others to learn and understand how each one was operated. I have had an inquisitive mind my whole life. I have an associate degree in science, completed an apprentice program in carpentry, studied design at another college and received a four year degree in Marketing, and added a few post graduate classes as well. SMB's have used direct marketing and mail as their main channel of communications for many years. Now the swing of the pendulum of marketing has led many to the latest trends in digital marketing. Data drives all forms of marketing communication. However, raw data must be analyzed, segmented, profiled, measured and tested to make the data useful to marketing. Great direct marketing mail processing is like peeling an onion. There are many layers you unfold to get your desired results. The process is easy to understand, and once you learn it, you’ll see what the phrase, “a labor of love” really means. If you have a goal to learn more about your customers from each communication, you will see positive results stemming from each subsequent mailing. The people who complain the loudest about their results when using direct marketing mail is usually those that did not follow the process. Not following the process is like the baker who missed using the correct amount of yeast in a recipe for bread. She wasted a lot of dough. Learning and having the techniques and fundamentals of direct marketing is a valuable skill to have today. Direct marketing mail helps a SMB focus more on results while listening and learning what their customers want. What makes me different? I’m motivated to help every one of my customers use the right tools to meet their goals. In the present digital age, marketing coupled with technology is a skill set now in high demand. I have always embraced the use of technology with marketing.