cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun…

Contributing Solution Provider

Juggle_12574421_originalWeb.jpg

but, save some time each day to learn something new.

Yes, it is a better idea if you try it out on a “typical” business day.

On August 7 of this year, I completed 33 years, as a small business owner and an entrepreneur. Throughout the years, I have enjoyed learning and sharing my experience with others.

However, if I had to pick one impression that made these 33 years happen, it was my ability to embrace change. Whether change is good or not so good, it always happens in life, personal or business.

Here are a few ideas that will help you to find a better way to see an opportunity in conjunction with the word change.

1.     Halloween is every day. Your customers get treats and offers to help build a stronger relationship.

2.     Prospects are potential customers which require stronger messages to gain their attention.

3.     Thinking creatively will help you to gain trust and obtain more customer information.

4.     Better customer data leads to better relevant communications.

5.     Using a Direct-2-Customer marketing model increases the likelihood of a two-way conversation with more prospects and customers.

6.     Create a great opening line for face-to-face networking and in your direct marketing toolset. This leads to a stronger awareness with your contacts.

7.     Do you follow a customer’s journey? Make sure you trace their path using your data and analytics.

8.     Customer-centric marketing strategies remind you to learn more about your contacts.

9.     Your call-to-actions need to attract your contacts and teach them to say yes.

10. The copywriting of your direct marketing message can always be better.

11. Did I say you can never have too much prospect and customer data?

12. A CRM is not only for the big corporations.

13. Learn and use analytics every single day.

14. Send your marketing message’s direct to customer.

15. Your response rate will hit double-digits.

16. Increasing customer conversations, such as in customer service, will increase data collecting for additional personalization and more conversions.

17. Customer segmentation and targeting is one of the best ways to use with personalization and data analytics.

I hope you find a nugget or two from my “short” list. Soon, I’ll have my blog posts, email newsletters articles, articles from Direct Marketing Success, Direct Mail Success, and the On-Target newsletter, (put to rest in 2008) special reports, and case studies in our own Library of Direct Marketing.

So, if you desire to learn something new every day, and use it in your goal of attracting more customers, the Library of Direct Marketing is being built just for you.

Let me know what you think.

The articles in each issue of Direct Marketing Success are ready to help you acquire new customers, and get your existing customers to buy more. To get your copy today, click here.DMS-LOGOV3_Red.pngThanks for reading. Any questions please post them below.

Coaching and Marketing Analysis – It’s what I do.DocTake4Web.png

MarketingDoc

md@dmcm.net or 800.251.3608CodeLogoSVCS.png

© 2017 by the Marketing Communications Group, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. No part of this publication may be stored in a retrieval system, transmitted, or reproduced in any way, including but not limited to digital copying and printing without the prior agreement and written permission of the publisher. Photographs are purchased from such companies as I-Stock, Windows Clip Art, HubSpot, PhotoPin, DepositPhotos, Solid Stock, Unsplash or John Deuerling.

Deposit Photos: Juggling businessman–© ejkrouse

MarketingDoc

I have owned and operated a variety of businesses during my thirty plus years as an entrepreneur. Being a SMB, I have engaged with others to learn and understand how each one was operated. I have had an inquisitive mind my whole life. I have an associate degree in science, completed an apprentice program in carpentry, studied design at another college and received a four year degree in Marketing, and added a few post graduate classes as well. SMB's have used direct marketing and mail as their main channel of communications for many years. Now the swing of the pendulum of marketing has led many to the latest trends in digital marketing. Data drives all forms of marketing communication. However, raw data must be analyzed, segmented, profiled, measured and tested to make the data useful to marketing. Great direct marketing mail processing is like peeling an onion. There are many layers you unfold to get your desired results. The process is easy to understand, and once you learn it, you’ll see what the phrase, “a labor of love” really means. If you have a goal to learn more about your customers from each communication, you will see positive results stemming from each subsequent mailing. The people who complain the loudest about their results when using direct marketing mail is usually those that did not follow the process. Not following the process is like the baker who missed using the correct amount of yeast in a recipe for bread. She wasted a lot of dough. Learning and having the techniques and fundamentals of direct marketing is a valuable skill to have today. Direct marketing mail helps a SMB focus more on results while listening and learning what their customers want. What makes me different? I’m motivated to help every one of my customers use the right tools to meet their goals. In the present digital age, marketing coupled with technology is a skill set now in high demand. I have always embraced the use of technology with marketing.

2 Comments
Solution Provider

Thanks!

Contributing Solution Provider

You are welcome.