cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Gen Editor Exact Image size

3rd Gen Editor Exact Image size

Thanks in advance -

I make custom art for our emailers specifically sized for the email.  Generally 550px width with some padding depending. We switched to 3rd gen editor today and I cannot figure out how to set the exact size of the image to be 550px.  When I add the image it only lets me "stretch or shrink" the image manually with the mouse.  And if you use the image editor and lock the image to he exact size it still does not adjust the image in the email.  And from an artist perspective, I can tell it distorts the image slightly if its not 550px width.  

In Gen 2 editor you could type in the exact width of the image.  Is this not a basic feature of the new editor?

Thanks

Mikey at Habitat

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: 3rd Gen Editor Exact Image size

Hi @LisaS07

Thank you for reaching out to our Community with your question! When it comes to the sizing of an image's width, you want to make sure it's 600px in width or less to help prepare your image for uploading. So uploading your image with a width of 550px is a great size!

There currently isn't a way to control the exact dimensions of an image within the third-generation editor. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This is however a feature request I have tracked in your account and passed on to our team of engineers. In the meantime you would have to resize your image manually then drag to resize. 

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

I am also trying to specify the exact size of an image without dragging. That method is just not precise enough and I can see the distortion and blurring of the crisp PNG I am working with.

Please add me as a +1 to return precise controls the 3rd Gen Editor!

In the meantime, is there a way to drag-drop an image (already sized exactly as I want it) into the layout editor without automatically resizing? All images I add seem to fill the space rather than keeping its native size.

CTCT Employee

Hello @HopesWindows,

Thank you for your response to this post and I will absolutely add your account as requesting precise image sizing. There is not a way to drag and drop without the image resizing at this time in the Third Generation editor. I will have our developers recognize that as a request, as well, as I can see how it will benefit our customers. Thank you so much for your feedback, as it is a huge part of the improvements we make to our site!

Sarah_K

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

Please add us to the list of people who would like added to this request! It would be very helpful to have the option to be able to use code because the templates are very limiting.

CTCT Employee

Hello @PorterW5,

I will absolutely add that as a request on your account as well! If you have any other feedback or would like any suggestions of workarounds since the code is not accessible, please let us know!

Sarah_K

Occasional Contributor

I've only ever used Constant Contacts with the 3rd Gen Editor, but exact image sizing sounds SO MUCH BETTER!!! Count me in. I have been taking some great pictures of our products with a macro lens and don't want to lose that detail in the formatting of our emails.  

CTCT Employee

Hey @StavenB4,

Welcome back to the Community! Thank you for reaching out with your feedback! I will definitely count your vote as well for changing how images are placed into the editor. I completely understand not wanting to lose the image quality, it's very important!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or feedback.

Desi_B

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!