cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to personalize? (ie mail merge)

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: Custom Fields not uploading properly - missing data

I believe so. CC informed us that it was just custom fields that were not updating. We discovered the issue when looking at a couple of our contacts and noticed the custom field missing. We confirmed it by exporting the list and checking the data - also, by sending a test email. Luckily this was found before we sent the email. We discovered that only a small percentage of our contacts had the custom field updated.

Thank you all for posting. To have more clarification on the issues in this thread I wanted to point out we are talking about two different issues as tracked in separate support interactions. Since there isn't always enough detail in posts here (for good reason, we don't want all your account information public) we often go back and research via other cases with support.

1. "...certain Contact Details were missing from an email we sent out" is referring to only job titles. This field is missing from the insert options. This can be inserted using the variable field coding.

2. ".... One of our custom fields was not updating when we uploaded a new list" is referring to existing contacts when you try to add a custom field. This also only applies to the process of bulk adding contacts. You can add new fields manually or support can do it internally.

I understand these are frustrating and both of the above are being worked on by our engineering team. If you would like us to take another look at the specifics of what you are running into please let me know. We're happy to contact you outside of the Community to get any required information. 

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, Hannah. My apologies if I posted to the wrong thread. Perhaps I misunderstood the thread title/content. Thanks for looking into our issues. Hoping for speedy resolutions!

Not a problem at all! We are happy to see you posting! I just wanted to clarify each issue for you all to know the specifics.

Enjoy your day,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

It may be a bit more systemic than you believe.  Here are some other links to customers having issues with the import function:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Email-Marketing/Custom-Fields-Not-Importing/m-p/208262#M235...

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Managing-Contacts/Cannot-Import-Into-Date-Field/m-p/208978#...

I just got finished taking + signs out of the Simple Share option, now it seems I need to audit all my CSV imports now where they use custom fields.

Still gonna keep this a secret ?

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Inserted Custom Contact Fields Do Not Populate

I created a test message to see if all of our customer details could be inserted (a.k.a. merged) into an e-mail messge.

Fields like First Name, Last Name, and Company work as expected. However, our custom date and text fields do not populate with the correspnding database value. Instead, the field name appears in the message.

We're trying to clean up our database by allowing our customers to see their details and tell us about any errors.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: Inserted Custom Contact Fields Do Not Populate

Mark,  you're not alone.  Looks to be a problem others are having as well.  Good thing people like you are checking, I'm afraid there are tons of people having this problem but not even aware of it.   I think CTCT should let their user community know about this huge bug.

The issue is if you don't check this, and assume its working your customer data will be lost. In the event you don't save your import files or can't recreate it for some reason you're screwed. Worse case is that it will erase whats already in your database as was the case in one reported failure.

See:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Managing-Contacts/Custom-Fields-not-uploading-properly-miss...

CTCT Employee

Re: Inserted Custom Contact Fields Do Not Populate

Hi @MarkM566 

I'm so sorry that your custom fields are not populating. We are aware of this. I looked into your account and I see that you have a case open with our Tier 2 team. They will reach out to you regarding any updates with this issue. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Occasional Advisor

Phil in Tier 2 Technical support emailed me earlier this week to say the issue has been fixed. Yay! Thanks, guys.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!