Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to personalize? (ie mail merge)

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

how to customize email template for each contact in a list

Developer

Hi Tony, I don't know how to create the custom data, The strategy I am trying to execute is that i need to invoke sending the messages to a contact list with personalized greeting alongside each email will need to have 1 or 2 sentences custmised for each indiviual user.....how can i do that Appreciate you taking time out for this. Thanks Faizal

Developer

hi All, My email Body will have approx 2- 3 sentences which are custom for each user. Thats what I am trying to get that in. Thanks a ton folks in advance. Faizal

Faizal, I would also like to be able to add the user's name within the body of the email just like it is used in the salutation of the newsletter. Any luck with that? Thanks, Kelly

Developer

not yet kelly...hope we get a solution soon

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, For Kelly, you can add the contact's name by going into edit the block where you want it, then on the left, you will see Insert and in that menu choose "Contact Details". As long as you have their name saved with their email address in your account, you can insert "First Name". For custom data, if you store that as well in the account using Custom Fields, you can also choose Contact details and then choose the Custom Text associated with it. The Custom Fields only have space for 50 characters, so if your sentences are long, you would want to use more than 1 Custom Field. You won't be able to add custom details to the subject line only in the actual body of the email. If you have any other questions, you can check out FAQ 3575 in the Help link above for Faizal and for Kelly, check out FAQ 2069. Also, support is available at 1-866-289-2101. I hope that helps you both! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

HOW to bring MY Contacts into an email?

Can I automatically bring these names into my email, and if so how, and if not how?

Have brought in a few names just to test this out and want to send them an email...I'm completely perplexed.

Can't imagine with sophistication of the net this can't be done easily, but can't locate the info.
Honored Contributor

HOW to bring MY Contacts into an email?

Penny, That won't get a great answer in this venue. Check out this link to a great collection of tutorials. http://www.constantcontact.com/learning-center/tutorials-guides/index.jsp Regards, Tony

Highlighted

How to use Custom Text Field which has variable data in an email?

I am trying to send a personalized Thank You email to a list of donors who gave to a specific email campaign we did a few weeks ago.  Each donor gave a dfferent amount and on a different day that I want to specifically mention in the Thank You email.  I have the info uploaded into three of the generic fields titled Custom Text 5, Custom Text 6 and Custom Text 7 for each of the different donors, but it is not showing up in preview after I insert the Contact details within the email.

Contributing Solution Provider

How to use Custom Text Field which has variable data in an email?

The custom fields are very similiar to the greeting tag that you can include in your email. 1.Click the Edit icon on the block where you wish to add the custom field. 2. In the left pane, click "Insert Contact Details" and select the field you wish to add. 3.Click the Save icon on the block. Notes: • If you send a test email with a custom field, the information will not display in the email until it is scheduled to go out. Schedule the email to a test list if you wish to make sure the information will be pulled into the custom field. •The Contact Details will be listed as their default titles and will not reflect any renaming you may have made on your Site Visitor Signup form. CC answer 3575 Wishing you success

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.