cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

A way to personalize? (ie mail merge)

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Create Custom Feed?

Is there a way to create an email that displays customer information that is pulled  from a database? My company has a frequent buyers program, and would like to have each members account balance shown on their email.

Valued Contributor

Create Custom Feed?

You could do it, but you would have to upload the data to the Constant Contact Contact's database. You could use one of the custome fields.

Valued Contributor

Create Custom Feed?

custom even

Occasional Participant

Create Custom Feed?

Thanks. That brings me to a new set of questions. First: Is it possible to update all of our contacts information at the same time? As in add the custom field value to each contact via a spreadsheet. Next, how is that custom field incorporated into the email?

Valued Contributor

Create Custom Feed?

Yes you can update using a file containing the information. There are detailed instructions in FAQs 3580, 2523, and 3676. I would read those before attempting any update. Basically you just have to put the info in a spreadsheet, make sure the column headings correspond to the field names and you can add or update. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- You can find the FAQs by clicking on the "Help & Support" tab at the top of this page, then click on "Frequently Asked Questions" and you search for those numbers .----------------------------------------------------------------------- If you want to use any of the fields to customize an email you can use the "Insert Contact Details" which is on the left hand side of the page whenever you're editing a block in your email. The "Insert Contact Details" allows you to select the field or fields that contain the data you want inserted.

Valued Contributor

Create Custom Feed?

I have posted the answer I gave below in this forum http://forum.eblastforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7. It may be easier to read as it is formatted, something we cannot do here, and it has links to the FAQs.

Insterting a custom field into an email

I need to be able to place the information contained in our customers' "Custom Fields" into an email.  We have warranty expiration dates that vary by customer, and we send out a monthly renew reminder.  I need that expiration date to change on a per customer basis.  Any help?
Advisor

Insterting a custom field into an email

To insert a Custom Field (or any other Contact Details, for that matter), open the block for editing, then near the bottom left is a drop down menu called "Insert Contact Details" which you can use to specify the Custom Field you need inserted.

CUSTOMER ORDER HISTORY

Can I send an email to a group of customers that reads fields in a file (ex: excel, etc.,) with their specific order history and incudes their order info in the email message?

thanks
Valued Contributor

CUSTOMER ORDER HISTORY

Sort of. You have to upload that information to the custom fields in Constant Contact to be able to have them inserted in the email.