cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to cut and paste from sent campaign into new campaign

Ability to cut and paste from sent campaign into new campaign

Hi There,

I previously used the cut and paste html to copy content from a sent email into a new email. That was the absolute #1 great time saver. With the new email format, I have to "invent the wheel" each time, adding links, rewriting copy etc. Very very very very terrible! Can you help?  It's added considerable time to my work load. 

Longtime user and appreciator of CC and CC Customer Service. 

Pamela

7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: Ability to cut and paste from sent campaign into new campaign

Hello @LCFCC,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback and we are currently submitting this feedback about this to the appropriate teams. If you are looking to use the same blocks that you have in a previous campaign, I recommend copying the last campaign and customizing this campaign from here.

Thank you again for your feedback, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Hi, Curtis,

I do as you recommended, but that only works so far: it helps with only the data that was in that particular, single campaign, but it doesn't help if there is another section you'd like to repeat but it was in a different campaign. Since I've been doing newsletters with CC for over 4 years, I've had to try to consolidate my work as much as possible, as they can be very time-consuming. Being able to cut and paste sections from various earlier campaigns saves TONS of time. Adding links to each new image is also time-consuming and I wonder why they are not "auto-added." I have to cut and paste a whole bunch of links from the library and save them to a list and then insert them each and every time. If there are any CC team solutions to be changed in the platform to make this easier, that'd be great. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @LCFCC,

Thank you for your reply.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I can definitely understand how having this feature could reduce the time spent in recreating certain sections of previous email campaigns into new campaigns. I can also understand how beneficial it would be to have the ability to auto-add links within the images. With that being said, I have tracked your request to your account to notify our developers about the possibility of including the HTML feature within our new Third-Generation editor. I have also submitted feedback regarding the auto-adding of links to images. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Highlighted
All Star

I found an answer in a 2009 post.  It's not as easy as if CC would create a button to copy, but it's better than re-creating from scratch.

Go to the campaign you want to copy "FROM".  Must make a copy - this does not work from Preview.  Click to Edit it and you will see a box called HTML.  Click HTML and copy the HTML code by highlighting it and using your keyboard to Copy.

Go to the newsletter you wish to copy it "TO" and select the same - HTML box. Then overwrite the current contents with the data you copied (just delete what is there and paste what you copied). Select update and close. The new block should look exactly as the old block does. Links work too. Hope that helps.

CTCT Employee

Hello @ChampionP,

Thanks for that great tip!  It looks like the original poster is using a our new editor, which doesn't include that HTML button, which would prevent pasting that coding in.  For anyone using the legacy editor this is a great method though!  We're also tracking requests to add a block-copying feature to our new editor as well.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

Correct, the HTML button no longer exists when trying to paste the code into the new email. Very frustrating as the info posted above used to work beautifully. Update needed, asap.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @BeckyB21,

I apologize for the HTML button not being apart of our product anymore. We completely understand why you would find that feature useful. I will definitely track your feedback on this to your account for our engineers to review! Thank you and have a wonderful day. 

Zoe_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.