cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental list additions

All Star

Accidental list additions

I inadvertently added about 600 users to a list they shouldn't belong to while trying to make a new list of them (absentminded mistake). I didn't realize until I was about to use that list to send an email and noticed the number had jumped sharply and realized what I had done. Is there a way to undo this?  I can't find anything in the Knowledge Base, so my apologies if I just missed it!

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Accidental list additions

Hey @PamK2!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your questions! At this time there is not an undo option that would remove the contacts that were accidentally added to the wrong list. This is something I'd be happy to pass along your feedback on though in hopes that in the future we can offer an option to back up your contact lists.

I would recommend reaching out to our support team as soon as you can though, and we can reach out to our upper level support team to see if you do have any options to restore the contact list to how it was prior to the accidental upload. Our main support number is 866-289-2101. Hope this helps!

Jessica H.

Community Support 

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

All Star

We did something similar. Here is how I'm going to try to fix it. I will download the current list and remove all the contacts from the online list. I will open the download and sort by update date or source file, and then remove the names added by mistake. Next I will upload the revised file to my online list. I think I'll do a test first. Wish me luck.

Hi @LukeF1

So sorry your contacts were added to the wrong list! Do you have these contacts isolated in a list or a file of their own? While there is no undo button in our system, there is a simpler workaround you can try. If you have a file with these contacts separated, I would suggest uploading them into a new and separate list in your account. Once they are in a list of their own you can remove these contacts from the list they were accidentally added to. I hope this helps.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.