cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account: SinksRx

Occasional Visitor

Account: SinksRx

I am having continuing issues when entering a contact who shares an email address with another one of my contacts. The new contact information overrides the existing contact info, and twice now it has deleted two people who happen to be employees of ours who share an email address with someone else in their family. 

This issue is absolutely unacceptable and has been discussed in detail with your team at Constant Contact and yet it keeps happening. I realize that your system has been changed so that you can only enter ONE contact per email address, but in our case, where we have several patients within the same family who share an email address, that just does not work for us.

We need to be able to over-ride this option and keep several contacts with the same email address, not only for the reason listed above, but we also send out birthday coupons and need to be able to keep the names separate. It doesn't make us look very professional when Jane gets an email saying Happy Birthday Jane, and it's really John's birthday month.

Can you please put me in contact with someone who can help me with this issue?

Thank you

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Account: SinksRx

Hi @ShelleyM023

Thank you for reaching out about your contacts! You are correct our system does only allow one contact per email. This feature is designed to update an existing contact to help eliminate any duplicate emails. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would be happy to track this feedback in your account. As a work around I would suggest creating custom fields for your contacts. Through these custom fields you can add contact information for additional people with the same email.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!