cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Contacts Count Less than List

Occasional Contributor

Active Contacts Count Less than List

CC lists my "Active Contacts" count as 63707.

My primary email list has a higher count of 63910.

How is this possible? Presumably when a contact unsubcribes or is deleted by me, the contact is removed from all lists. I am segmenting contacts into different lists and trying to ensure that each contact only appears in one list. That is difficult to determine since these counts do not match. 

Update: There are definitely unsubscribed contacts in my custom lists.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Active Contacts Count Less than List

Hello @lmoffat,

I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. Unsubscribed contacts should not be showing on Email lists.

Separate from the unsubscribed contacts, was the Active Contacts and your primary list showing the discrepancy after you deleted a bunch of contacts? Sometimes there is a delay in the Active Contact number reflecting the accurate number of contacts. 

If you could reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of your primary list, examples of contacts who are supposed to be unsubscribed that are showing up on your lists and a reference to this post so we can investigate the issue. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.