cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Add Contacts From File Only Adding SOME Contacts Using .CSV

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Add Contacts From File Only Adding SOME Contacts Using .CSV

In moving to Constant Contact from a previous email marketing platform, I was trying to Add Contacts From File using a 2MB .csv with 6,225 contacts. Only 1,670 were actually being added with 1 error (pretty far off from 6K). 

Re-saving my contact list as a .xlsx file type and re-uploading provided a workaround for the issue.

I wanted to post this up here to hopefully help other Constant Contact users experiencing the same problem and to bring the issue to the attention of the Constant Contact Support Team.

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Add Contacts From File Only Adding SOME Contacts Using .CSV

Hello @danO37

Thanks for posting your workaround. Sorry to hear you ran into that problem! When it comes to uploading your file, either file type should be uploading the same amount of contacts. If you would like to email us your file, we could take a look at it and see if there is anything in the .CSV that would cause the system to think there are only 1,670 and not the full 6k. 

Just reference this post and you can send your file to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. 

We would be happy to help! 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.