cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add attendees after registration has closed

All Star

Add attendees after registration has closed

Is there any way to add attendees to a closed registration? I had a handful of people just show up and now I'd like to update the registration list to reflect the accurate attendees.

19 REPLIES 19
CTCT Employee

Re: Add attendees after registration has closed

Hello @ClarissaW,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community. To answer your question, yes. You can manually add registrants after the event has closed, as long as it is within 30 days of the event. You would go to the event dashboard and can register them there. You want to be sure you have an email address to list for each registrant because it is required during the registration process. I hope this helps!

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

@Hayley_L,

I'm not finding that this is an option. My registration closed yesterday for an event I held this morning and as of this moment, every time I try to manually register someone, I'm told registration is closed and the event is over. Thoughts?

Hello @TamaraK050. I'm sorry that you were having difficulty manually registering those who attended your event. I went into your account and I experienced the same issue that you were seeing. I spoke with our upper level of support and they want to further investigate this for you to see why you were not able to manually register your attendees after the event was closed. They will be reaching out to you within 3 business days as this gives them time to research the issue further and they will contact you at the contact email on your account. I apologize again that you were experiencing this issue but we will definitely look into this for you!

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
All Star

Thanks!!

We are also having this occur and in the past we were able to make the updates after the event close. Can you please ask someone to look at our account as well?

The other part of this is the auto response after the event closes - is there a way to shut that off so that when we manually add the walk-ins from the event to the eventspot they do not received the "thank you for registering" but WILL receive any other event communication we have sent out?

Thanks

Hello @KatieS187. I'm sorry that you are also having trouble trying to manually register someone. I see there are a few recent events in your account and I wasn't sure which event this was happening in so we can troubleshoot further. Could you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com which your username, a reference to this post and the name of the event where you were unable to manually register an attendee? Thank you!

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

We have this same issue. I cannot register anyone now that the event has ended. Plus I want to make sure the autoresponse is not sent to the attendee. Help, please!

Update: I'm able to use the tip above (adding to the URL) but I want to be sure the autoresponse is not sent out before I register anyone. Anyone have an answer?

CTCT Employee

Hi @BrendaM37,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!   Are you referring to the automatic registration confirmation email that goes out when someone registers, or do you have another autoresponder set up?

Donna_P.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Yes. I tested it by registering myself, and I received a confirmation that I had registered for the event. I wouldn't want a guest to receive that.

In my case, there was only one couple - and it turns out I don't have their email.

But in the future, after the event, I'd like to be able to register guests who attended but didn't register without them getting that notification. Thanks!