cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add hyperlink "READ MORE" within content section to expand story for those interested

SOLVED
All Star

Add hyperlink "READ MORE" within content section to expand story for those interested

New to Constant Contact; trying to shorten the length of PTA newsletter; is there a way to insert something like "READ MORE" within content section to reduce amount of story that is show within main body of newsletter but that when clicked would give the reader the full story? Any help would be SO appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Add hyperlink "READ MORE" within content section to expand story for those interested

UPDATED: September 2018

Please click here to learn how to insert a Read More action block in our 3GE templates.

-----

Hi, 
Welcome to the Community! "Read More" links are a great way to shorten what shows to your readers. There are a couple of ways you can do this within your Constant Contact email. First, you can type a short teaser of information for your reader and then place a "Read More" link to an external source, like your website. You could also link to a PDF file that is hosted in your Constant Contact library. The second thing you can do is make the read more link an anchor link to the bottom of your email. Here you could have a separate block with the rest of the article or story. This would leave you email the same length but allow your reader to see all the stories at the top of the page and then click to view more.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Add hyperlink "READ MORE" within content section to expand story for those interested

Could you also link to short Constant Contact article in the archives or other folder?

Thanks,

Tony Green

HI Tony, 

What do you mean by other folder? You absolutely could link to an archived email using the URL you get once archived!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

hi...i have a lot to write about particular topic, but would prefer to show just 2 -4 sentences then add a read more but for those interested in reading more...how do I do that?

thank you,

carolyn 

Honored Contributor

Hello @WEforumGroup

There are a few ways that you can do this.  You can either create a document (like a PDF) version and make the "Read More" link go to the Document for each different article, create and send a campaign (you can send it just to yourself) and use the short url for the link, or link back to a website that has the content.  

Let us know if you need anything else.