Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add iCal Invite to Email Campaign

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Add iCal Invite to Email Campaign

Hello-

Is it possible to add an iCalendar Invite / Outlook Invite / Calendar Reminder to an email campaign? I saw some posts about Skype, but I have an iCal file that I want people to be able to click and add to their calendar as a reminder for our event. How do I incorporate that into the email?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Add iCal Invite to Email Campaign

Hi @CRUSER_1 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with these questions! We understand how helpful it is to include an add to calendar button will be in your emails. The good news is our RSVP action-blocks do have this feature available. Is this not what you were looking for? If not, we would suggest creating a calendar entry as an ICS file through an outside source and linking that in the body of your email instead.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Hi Frankie, 

I am wanting to use the RSVP button for an event I am hosting at my company. I am also looking to add the "Add to Calendar" button when they respond "Yes" to my event. 

Although, I cannot find a way to add this link to the output page or edit this page at all on Constant Contact. The window that pops up when I click "Yes" is a message that says Thank You For Your Response with a check-mark icon, but no Add to Calendar link or button. 

CTCT Employee

Hey there @StevenH865   thanks for reaching out to us today!

When using the RSVP block in your email campaign the "add to calendar button" will appear after your contacts have responded. Once they respond, they see a page thanking them for responding as shown below:

RSVP_Response_ThankYou.png

The "add to my calendar" text will not appear in a test send of the email, which is probably why you were unable to see it yourself. It will only appear once the email has been sent out. What I would recommend to see this for yourself is put your email address in its own contact list. Then send your email containing the RSVP block within it, as a live send to yourself. If you click on any of the RSVP buttons you'll then see the "add to my calendar" option appear on the confirmation page. 

Please let us know if you have any difficulties or questions about this, we're always happy to help!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.