cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Contacts to Lists

Occasional Participant

Adding Contacts to Lists

When I try to add some contacts to lists, it doesn't show all the lists that I have available.
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Adding Contacts to Lists

Hello @Paul_Kerber

Can you tell me how you are adding contacts, file upload, individually, typing in contacts?  Also, have you tried the type ahead feature where you can type in the beginning of the list name and it will appear for you to select?  Do you have another browser to test as well, to see if you are able to see all of your lists?  

Occasional Participant

I've already added my contacts to Constant Contact and now I'm sorting them one by one into lists so that I only send them what they want to see. I'm selecting each contact and editing what list they are in from thier contact infomration page. When I click on the + to see all the lists I can add them to, not all of them appear. I have many lists because Constant Contact doesn't have a way to exclude people that are on a list from a mailing, which would be a lot more helpful to me.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Paul_Kerber,

We apologize. Currently this is an issue we are working on in our system, however, there are a few workarounds that will allow you to see these lists and add the contacts to them. One workaround would be to favorite the list. You can favorite a list by clicking on "view all lists" on the contacts page and then clicking on the star symbol next to the list. Favoriting a list will guarantee that it will show when given the option to add to a list from within the contacts page. Another workaround is to add the contacts to the list via Add Contacts, type in or paste multiple contacts. When pasting in all the email addresses, you will get to a step that will ask you to select a list to add contacts to. In this view, all the lists will appear.

If you would like to be notified when this issue is resolved, please let us know.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

I only had 200 contacts to do so I just kept refreshing the page every time I wanted to add a contact to a list and that seemed to work, even though it was a pain. Hopefully this gets fixed soon because I don't look forward to adding all my contacts that way.

CTCT Employee

I am happy to hear that you were able to add your contacts @Paul_Kerber.  We are working on the issue that you are running into and I have put in a request to notify the contact email address on your account when this is resolved.