cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We had to temporarily close one of our support sites. You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling into our support center. Remember to check out all of our available support resources including live chat for the quickest response.

Adding Email List to an Exisiting Email that Currently has NO lists selected

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Adding Email List to an Exisiting Email that Currently has NO lists selected

We have a very good customer that wrote to say she is not getting her emails. I researched and found that none of our email groups is currently selected in her record. 

The problem is that the email list selection only appears when I click the ADD email button. When I add her current address I get an error message that I cannot add the same address and my list selection is not saved. 

Anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Adding Email List to an Exisiting Email that Currently has NO lists selected

Hi @DeborahH61

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. My name is Adrienne and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question. You can absolutely edit an existing contact! The instructions to do that can be found here. Once you have entered her contact record, you can select the blue button with the white plus sign and add her to any list you would like her on. Then click Apply. Once she is on a list, she will be included in any mailings to that list. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact! Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Re: Adding Email List to an Exisiting Email that Currently has NO lists selected

Hi Adrienne, The problem is that if a contact does not currently have lists selected the List selection area and the plus sIgn do not show in the customer record. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @DeborahH61

I'm sorry for misunderstanding. Does the contact have an email address associated with it? If there is an email address, there should always be the opportunity to add the list. The other possibility of why this isn't occurring is if the contact has an address but is in an unsubscribed status. If this is not the case, please send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and include your username, the contact name/email address, which list you would like to add them and any other pertinent information you think we can use. We will take a look at it promptly. Please also let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Thank you and have a great weekend! 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!