cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding New Contacts - Error Message "Source Invalid"

All Star

Adding New Contacts - Error Message "Source Invalid"

I have tried several times to add about 30 new contacts to one of my lists and each time I get an error message right after I click import saying "Source Invalid". It'll work when I enter a couple at a time but not when I try to add all of them at once. Why is there an error message when I've done nothing different?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Adding New Contacts - Error Message "Source Invalid"

Hi @Stacieb1,

So sorry you are having issues uploading contacts!  That particular error is a new, known issue.  Our developers are working hard to get that issue fixed, but in the meantime, the workaround is to create a file of the contacts and upload the file.  I will add you to that issue report so you can be notified when it is fixed.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

The same thing is happening to me right now.  I can't even add 4 contacts in and am getting sick and tired of re-entering contacts.  I had 50 loaded and got that error message "Source Invalid". If this was noticed 4 days ago then someone is not getting things done in a timely manner expected of clients paying big money to have a professional and efficient server function the way it is expected.  

CTCT Employee

Hi @BrianMcpherson,

I'm sorry to hear that you are receiving this error. I can understand how important this is to your time when you are trying to add contacts without any sort of interruption. Our engineers are still working hard in trying to resolve this issue. Also, I have added you to the issue report to be notified when a fix has been reached. As a workaround, you can create a file of your contacts and upload them into the database. For more information on how to do this, please click here. Once again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

I'm receiving this error message on June 21, 2018. Any resolution?

CTCT Employee

Hello @TimB31,

Thank you for reaching out to us. At this time, our engineers are still currently working on a fix for this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience. As a workaround for the moment, you can upload your contacts via a contact file (Ex: Excel, CSV). This way you can still get your contacts into your account while our team still works on this issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing