cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding PayPal Payment Button

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Adding PayPal Payment Button

I've watched the tutorial, read the comments, and I'm still getting no where.  Everything says that there is supposed to be an Inserts tab on the left side when I'm creating or editing an email campaign.  But there isn't!!!  The three tabs that I see are "Build", "Images", and "Colors"  HELP!

17 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Adding PayPal Payment Button

Hello @OwenD68. I'm sorry that you were not able to add a PayPal Payment button. The video that you watched is referencing a tool that was available on our previous editor. At this time, our next-generation editor, which you are using, does not have the ability to create a PayPal Payment button.

What we recommend is that you use one of our buttons in your email and link it directly to the product or service that you are selling. This link will be found in your PayPal account. I will put in feedback for you regarding the request to have a PayPal Payment button tool in the next-generation editor. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Must be something else left behind in your previous editor version, because there was no "accept solution" button or link in the bottom right corner of your post.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Occasional Participant

The button showed up only after I had first replied to you.  Something strange going on in the code.  Thanks.

Occasional Visitor

Insert Paypal button to mobile campaign

I had a mobile template custom created by you and have been inserting my news stories. Instead of just a "Please donate" button that takes people to our website I want to insert our Paypal button. I have already linked our account to Constant Contact. The campaign I'm working on is called Nurture Email 3 March 2017.

CTCT Employee

Re: Insert Paypal button to mobile campaign

Hello @CamiL2. Thanks for your question. The editor you are using does not have a feature where you can insert a Paypal button. However, you can create an image of your Paypal button and have the image be linkable to your Paypal page. This way, your readers won't have to go to your website first to make a donation. I will track your request and send it over to our Product team. 

Caitlin M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Think the video needs removing to stop new customers wasting time!

Highlighted

Hello @GrahamM449,

Thank you for your feedback! We still have articles and posts relating to our previous editor available as some people are still using that editor. That said, I will be happy to pass your feedback to the appropriate department for review in case there is anything that can be done. We definitely don't want to waste our customers' time!. 

Nick S.

Occasional Advisor

Yeah, this is NOT solved. Why would you take away this feature. I want to add a PayPal button. When I ask Sales, they say "Yes"...and you say "NO". Pft.

Hello @SteveG3083,

I apologize for any inconvenience not having a built-in PayPal payment feature may cause. I also apologize if a sales agent gave the incorrect information. It's possible they were thinking of the feature in our second-generation editor. I can say that as a workaround you could insert an image file of a PayPal button and then link it to a PayPal payment page taken from within your PayPal account. 

I will also track in your account that you are interested in a built-in PayPal feature in the third-generation editor so it will be seen by our developers. 

Nick S.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!