cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding PayPal Payment Button

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: Adding PayPal Payment Button

Yeah, that doesn't work. First, there is no such thing as a PayPal Payment Page unless you create an entire application...which I am not going to do. It's seems amazing that you would ADD friction when migrating from 2nd to 3rd generation...and for eCommerce...this really needs to be fixed.

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.

Tags (2)

Hello @SteveG3083. I'm sorry that you are not able to insert a PayPal button while using our third-generation editor. We have tracked this feedback in your account and sent it over to the appropriate team. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Our non-profit organization relies on our ability to collect membership dues through CC email and PayPal.

It has been over a year since you acknowledged that PayPal needs to be added to the 3rd generation editor.

When can we expect it back. We are losing members and going broke.

Mike J

Fleetwood Neighborhood Association

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

@FleetwoodNeighbors

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I do apologize this is not an available feature within our 3rd Generation Editor. As a work around in the meantime, you can generate a link and add it to your email by following these steps.

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated release date at this time. I will certainly track your feedback and send it to our developers. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with. Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Taryn L.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

Yes, I have to agree that seems like a huge functionality drop...I can add a Paypal button to every other application I use.  Seems like a short-sighted move.

Looking forward to the functionality being restored and improved.

CTCT Employee

Hello @KelleE2,

I'm adding your account to the ongoing feature request as well. I apologize for any inconveniences caused by the system currently lacking this functionality.

Aaron_H

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

I got it to work! By reading a post dated 2018 that had current instructions...

CTCT Employee

Hi @BethH207

That's great! Thank you for letting us know you were able to add your PayPal button. Which instructions helped you do this? We'd love to have those instructions on this thread as well.

Frankie P.

Occasional Participant

The link you provided only works if you created a simple PayPal button, not one where the button has a dropdown with purchasing options or a text field to collect additional information. With sophisticated buttons, you do not get an email tab (when you view the code for your button in PayPal) that has a URL you can put into a link in a Constant Contact email. Since 2 out of 4 of my PayPal buttons have a dropdown or a textfield, this doesn't cut it. I had to create a free website with classic Google Sites (not new Google Sites which also has a gutted editor) to use my PayPal buttons and put the link to that website in my CC email.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @MelissaG179,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. We do very much appreciate the feedback on the steps that you have taken in regards to inserting your PayPal button into the email. At this time, the feature of adding the PayPal button into our new Third-Generation editor is still under review. I'd be more than happy to submit your feedback to the correct department. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with. Have a great day!

Tiago_R

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!