cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Adding a list sign up form inside email campaign

SOLVED
All Star

Adding a list sign up form inside email campaign

I have searched the forums and knowledge base but can't find an answer to this. I know that I can create a sign up form for the web / social media platforms, but what about adding one to an email campaign? 

My situation is this. I am creating a new feature for future email campaigns, but I wish to receive input from the current subscribers. This is a paid subscription, so putting a link on our website is not an option. I would like to pose the question on an email campaign and have them click on a sign up form to automatically opt in.  What I had hoped was that the "button" block would have an additional option of "add to XXX list" so when clicked on, they would be added. I want to make opting in to this list as easy as possible for them, avoiding sending them outside of the email campaign to do so.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Trish

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Adding a list sign up form inside email campaign

Hi @JohnO32 

This definitely makes sense! Many customers connect their landing page sign-up form's URL to their emails. However this will lead contacts to an outside page. In your case it sounds like using our click segmentation feature would work better for you. Through this feature, contacts who clicked on a specific link or button will automatically be added to a list for later use. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Thanks for the info ... but unless I am doing something wrong, click segmentation won't work because the criteria needed to drill down isn't an option. 

I want to have a content block in my daily email and run it for about a week. It will ask for volunteers to test new email formats and I want them to just click a link or button and it will add them to the new list. 

I could use a poll/survey, but I have found that my subscribers are less likely to click on a link that brings them outside of the email campaign - even if it is just one question they have to answer.

Is this ability something that developers would consider looking into and adding? I can't imagine it would be difficult, since it would just be a link (button) inside an email campaign that will add them to a designated list. Since it is internal, no need for any code to add to a web landing page, etc. 

Just a thought!

Thanks,
Trish

Hi @JohnO32 

What criteria are you looking for as a drill down option? Our click segmentation is the best option if you are simply looking for a button that can automatically add contacts to a new list. We do also offer the option to insert a poll into your emails. These poll action blocks will remain in your email and do not open an outside window. You can then view the results of your poll and add these contacts into a new list manually.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Segments have to do with selecting the criteria to add to a list, and all of them have to do with the email campaign. It is based on subscribers that clicked a link in an email, opened an email, did not open an email, etc. That doesn't work for me.

All the subscribers who wish to sign up as a tester will have opened the email and clicked on the "button" or link created. However, there will be lots of other subscribers who open the email and click OTHER links but not necessarily the "button" specifically created. 

The additional qualifier needed is the ability to identify the specific link they click. 

It would look like this:

• Contact Activity - "Clicked"
    • "Any Email"
      • Choose time period
        • LINK: (URL would be entered here)
  • Select List to be added

If developers could add the "LINK" option then this would work wonderfully! Otherwise, every subscriber who opens the email campaign and clicks ANY link, will be added to the segment. I only want those who click ONE specific link.

I understand your suggestion of the poll/survey option, but as I stated in my earlier reply, I never get the results I am seeking as my subscribers tend NOT to click on the link. They are much more likely to click a button once and be done with it.

Trish

CTCT Employee

Hi @JohnO32 

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and I will certainly submit your feedback over to our team. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!