Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice re error message

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Advice re error message

I am trying to resend a message to a new list of 120 new addresses. I have been doing this once a week for months but all of a sudden I get an error message that reads:

"This email cannot be scheduled beyond Wednesday, July 19, 2017."

which was several days ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kuno

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Advice re error message

Hi @KunoE

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. That's a good question. The option to resend a campaign is active for 85 days after the campaign is originally sent. After that, you will not have the option to resend or you will get the error you mentioned. In this case, you can copy the email and send to the contacts or you can use the Quicksend feature. You may find instructions for copying here and using the Quicksend here. Please reach out to us if you need assistance with anything else. We are happy to help.

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info, it answered my questions although I was dismayed to learn that there is an 85 day limit to re-sending a message. I get regular user registrations on my web site. When a user registers they get a welcome email and then a follow up email a few days later, so I need to send those two messages often and the need to send them does not go away after 85 days. Having to make copies of a campaign is just another task that I would rather not have to remember or take the time to do. So, two further questions: is there a reason for this limit and is there a way to eliminate this limit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @KunoE,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. There is no way to remove the 85-day limit when it comes to using the quicksend feature. 

However, if you're sending the same couple of emails to new contacts each time they sign-up or are added to your system then I encourage you to take a look at our Autoresponder program. It's perfect for new sign-ups and sending the same campaigns and seems to align with what you're looking for. The nice thing about Autoresponders is you can copy pre-existing email campaigns into the series, so you've already done the heavy lifting as far as content creation goes!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.