Analytics for clicks to "Share URL" link

SOLVED
Go to solution
CourtneyK66
Rookie
0 Votes

We use the "Share URL" feature in a few different applications, including linking on our website to past newsletters and sending to partners who have become members since the last send. Do clicks to the URL count towards the analytics at all? If not, is there any place to see analytics for those links within Constant Contact? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Curtis_P
Employee

Hello. We ask for additional comments and votes to be left on the open idea for tracking reporting for campaign URLs. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Curtis_P
Employee

Hello. We ask for additional comments and votes to be left on the open idea for tracking reporting for campaign URLs. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
JoyL09
Rookie
0 Votes

Are there any updates on this? It would be wonderful to track visits to the campaign from the URL that is posted on our website within constant contact instead of having to set up a Google Analytics action tracker. 

Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JoyL09,

Thank you for coming to the community today!  Currently using their URL builder and tracking options are the only method of tracking those links from within our campaign.  I will absolutely add you to the list of people requesting that we find a more integrated solution though.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hello -- we are actively using the permanent URL on our intranet and would really love analytics for this. Please add me to list of people to update if you add this functionality. Thanks!

KristieM
Rookie
0 Votes

We actively use the permanent URL in our app to link to current (and old) newsletters. We would love to be able to know how many people click that link to view a newsletter as a webpage. Please count my vote toward adding this option to improve analytics in the (near) future. :smileyface:

Thanks!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KristieM. We have an open idea on our Feedback boards for this feature request. I encourage you to vote on the idea so it is brought over to our Product teams.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST