cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Anchor links work everywhere except on my iPhone email...

Frequent Visitor

Anchor links work everywhere except on my iPhone email...

I am familiar with many types of links,and they all work perfectly - except when I try to open them on a mobile device like my iPhone.  I can use them on a laptop, desktop, tablet without fail, and even if I open the email under 'having trouble reading this email' to open it in a browser on my phone.  They just do nothing if I am looking at an email on my phone.  Since nearly 70% of our contacts use their smartphones to view/engage our emails, how can I fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Anchor links work everywhere except on my iPhone email...

Hello @LisaB123. Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community! Recent versions of iOS (anything after iOS 😎 do not support anchor links any longer so this is why they do not work on the iPhone mail app. Anchor links will still work on desktops or many other mail clients but unfortunately, this is not the case with devices that run newer versions of iOS. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you as I can understand how these are useful for you. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for replying.  Is there absolutely no work around for this problem?

Highlighted

Hi @LisaB123

Great question! I apologize, but anchor links not working as expected on an iPhone is something controlled by Apple's iOS system. Because of this, there is no current workaround for anchor links to work on an iPhone. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

I have the same problem - This is not acceptable. Is there a plan for Apple to fix this with future software versions?

Hi @PamelaS248 

I apologize it appears you may have reached out to the wrong Support Board. This seems like a question better for Apple Support. Though Apple products can be used to read emails sent through Constant Contact, we are unable to fix this setting in their software.

Frankie.P