cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchor links

CTCT Employee

Re: Anchor links

Hi @KyleT466,

Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your feedback about this. Because there is limited support for anchor links within mobile email providers we no longer offer this as a feature in our new Third-Generation Editor. Keep in mind the Read More feature is a nice way to keep your email short and drive your contacts to your web presence with a clear call-to-action! We do understand how this can be an inconvenience and we'd be sorry to see you go! Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Advisor

I couldn't believe they removed anchor links from the 3rd gen editor. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they removed so many features that previously existed.

I read that the reason is that shorter emails are better, and in a shorter email you wouldn't need an anchor.

Has Constant Contact never heard of a newsletter? It's different from a marketing email that has a more single-minded action that it hopes subscribers will take. In newsletters you present multiple topics (articles), and anchor links help the reader move to the sections they are interested in.

If we could edit the html we could add our own anchor links, but alas that has been taken away as well.

I wonder what type of focus group CC used to evaluate what to keep and what to get rid of.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns about the Anchor link feature being removed from our Third-Generation Editor. Shorter emails are definitely a way to create more engagement from your contacts, but this is not the reason for why anchor links are no longer supported. Although the feature for an Anchor link can be an extremely helpful tool, there is very limited support for the Anchor links inside of the email platforms. With that being said, the functionality of this tool would be extremely inconsistent across different platforms (Mobile Devices, etc). Your feedback is always very much appreciated and we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today.

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Regular Visitor

If you don't support Anchor Links, what is your recommendation for a newsletter that has several short articles with a LEARN MORE button - are you suggesting that one should create a landing page for EACH article or that you send a reader to the top of a one page, and have them manually scroll down to the article they want to read about. What is Constant Contact's suggestion?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @KathleenM539,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.  I'm sorry that you are encountering this difficulty.  Unfortunately many modern email clients (especially on mobile devices) do not support anchor links, while web-pages do.  Having individual article landing pages is actually a very common solution to this, as well as having one large page with anchor links in its own table of contents.  In addition, it would drive further traffic to your website which is an excellent way to keep your online presence up.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

For many years Constant Contact provided multiple templates with anchor links at the top, and seemed to promote this as a good solution for newsletters, as KathleenM539 outlines. Suddenly it is seen as a problem because not all email clients handle it the same way. But this is true of MANY things that have not been eliminated--for instance I have receltnly encounted an issue where the stacking Constant Contact has implemented for mobile devices works differently in different programs, and I understand they have decided not to be concerned about that.

So why not allow anchor links for this purpose? I think CC customers, and their subscribers, will understand that in cases where the anchors don't work they need to scroll down. This is not rocket science, and there are good reasons to make anchor links available for those subscribers whose email clients process them correctly.

Of course we want to drive more visitors to our website, but since we are presenting many topics in one newsletter, we want them to first find the link they actually want within our newsletter, read the teaser, and decide to click through because it interests them!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @JulieL34

Thank you for providing your feedback, I absolutely can understand where you are coming from and assure you we have provided your feedback to our product team. If you have further questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to assist however we can. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

If there was an HTML editor for the Third Generation of editor, we could manually insert anchor links. Please consider this as an option.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @DeniseN3,

Thanks for your feedback and we understand how having access to the HTML in our new Third-Generation Editor would be helpful for you. Rather than using Anchor Links we have found the Read More feature to be a better option. This is due to the limited support of Anchor Links by nearly every mobile email provider. Simply put, they are highly inconsistent. Please let us know if you need any assistance with including Read More links in your email campaigns as we're happy to help!

Nichelle M

Anchors

Hi, I was wondering when or how to add anchors into a campaign in the 3rd generation of Constant Contact.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!