cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchor links

All Star

Re: Anchor links

This is super disappointing - now I have to start from scratch with a new provider?! I do a school newsletter and sometimes it can get quite long, so Anchor Links from the top list of topics gets more readers to actually click on the item and be taken down to where it is in the newsletter. otherwise they don't bother to scroll down, down and search for the correct heading for that topic. SUPER disappointing! It's been there in the past, how hard is it to add it back?!!?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: Anchors

Hello @MichelleM4040,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize but we do not offer Anchor links in our 3rd Generation editing system. Unfortunately, anchor links are not mobile responsive and our new templates are designed to look and work amazing on a mobile device, as well as a computer. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am submitting your feedback on this request! 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Hello @SequoiaPFC

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize that we do not have Anchor links in our Third Generation editing system. We have removed those from our new templates because Anchor links are not mobile responsive, and our new templates are designed to look amazing on a mobile device for all of our customers to enjoy. I would love to track your feed back on this though, and you will be contacted with any updates on this request! 

Brian_H

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

This new update from Constant Contact is not good. Not happy, either.

All Star

Add another complaint about the loss of anchor links. In debating between CC and MailChimp, it looks like we're going to switch to MailChimp. It's much more intuitive and we have anchor links. Removing them is an absurdly stupid move for CC. One of our main reasons for doing this is that we have no intention of continuing to publish our entire newsletter as a new webpage every week and end up doing double the work. We appreciate that in MailChimp we can create our newsletter, including both anchor links and read more making use of an archive of our email campaigns. Constant Contact is going backwards with the decision instead of looking forward. Notice how many responses and votes for those responses you've gotten compared to the votes you've gotten for your response that this feature has been done away with? I didn't seen one vote in favor of your response.

CTCT Employee

Hi @AnnN52,

Thanks for participating in the Community and providing your feedback regarding anchor links and the read more action blocks. I will certainly pass your feedback along to the appropriate teams for review. 

While the anchor links are not available when creating a brand new campaign in the third generation editor, you do have the option to copy a previous legacy campaign and make the changes you need to make. This will allow you to use the anchor links. 

One of the main reasons we have moved away from anchor links in our newest editor is that they do not translate well to mobile devices and we have found that an ever-increasing number of subscribers are viewing emails on their mobile devices. 

Your feedback has been noted. Please feel to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

I am one user who misses the Anchor Link.  I disagree with the logic not to include it in third generation.  it is/was an important feature in our newsletters.

Hi @CoryF3

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your emails. I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to place anchor links in your newsletters. I apologize anchor links are not a feature that has been transferred over to our newest editor. While we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available, this is however a feature request I have tracked in your account and submitted to the appropriate teams. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie P.

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

This is the same canned response Constant Contact has been writing every time another person comments about this feature. I guess at least we can say they are consistent.

Since they are reiterating, I think I will also.

We all know that not all email providers handle anchor links properly. So do our subscribers. For those who have providers that handle them right, they will work. For those who don't, they will at least know what is down below in the email that they can scroll to.

Why not respect that they will have half a clue when they see those links, rather than eliminating them for everyone.

Hi @JulieL34

I apologize for any inconvenience not having anchor links can cause as I can understand how it makes it easier for your contacts to quickly access relevant content in your emails. You are correct: anchor links do not work in most email clients, including those on mobile devices. I took a peek at your account and can see 41% of your open rate is through a mobile device and many of your contacts are opening in email clients that do not support anchor links at all, such as Yahoo and Gmail. We want your contacts to have the best experience when viewing your emails and having non-functioning links such as anchor links does not create this. We have noted this feedback in your account and will send it over to the appropriate team.

Frankie P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!