cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchor links

All Star

Re: Anchor links

This is not really helpful. Any other ways to do a real anchor?

Hi @AidaC

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. At this time anchor links is not an available feature in our Third Generation editing system. I apologize for any inconveniences from not having this tool and have submitted your feedback on this in your account.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'd like to echo that not having this feature is a failure on Constant Contact's part. I am happy to answer some questions about why external linking is not an option for our company in particular. Thank you.

Hi @StaceyKN

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this feature. I apologize it is not currently available and can definitely understand how helpful it would be to have this feature. Especially in cases like yours, where external linking it not an option. At this time we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available. I have submitted your feedback on this in the meantime.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

@BettyM48 wrote:
Are there versions that cannot create anchor links? I cannot find it anywhere. Please help ASAP. Thanks!

use the alt attribute

Hi @user94183

Thank you for sharing your workaround with us! I would however like to mention, at this time our Third Generation Editor does not offer access to its HTML. Without HTML access users in this editor would be unable to use the alt attribute you have provided.

Frankie P.

Regular Visitor

Not happy anchor options are gone. Short-sighted decision.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @NSNCdirector

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you are having a pleasant weekend. Thank you for reporting your feedback on anchor links. I have submitted it to our team. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

The "Read More" action block does me no good. If I wanted to direct my newsletter readers to different articles - and those articles were posted on my website, for example - why would I use Constant Contact at all? I'd just put my newsletter up on the front page of my website! I want my newsletter to be a self-contained information piece. 

This was an incredibly short-sighted move on Constant Contact's part. Do you even ask for customer input before making sweeping changes like this one? I'm guessing from the number of comments on this topic that you don't - and that's something you should consider in the future. Right after you put back the anchor tag functionality, that is.

Hi @JamesF9

I apologize for any inconvenience our workaround may cause. I can understand how helpful an anchor link can be in your email campaigns. In fact, I have submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams.  I would also suggest posting your feedback on this feature in our Feedback Board. All feedback posted on this board is read by our Product team. This board also gives you the option to vote on other feature requests you would like to see as well.

Frankie P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!