cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight (8/23) from 11:00 PM - 12:00AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Anchoring

Top Answer
Hayley_L
CTCT Employee

Hello @DebbieH23,

We do not offer anchor links in our editor due to many email clients and devices no longer supporting them. I can see how this could be a useful feature for our customers but we want to have a product that works across all email clients and devices and having a feature that only works for a few is not desirable. I encourage you to view our post about why you should not include anchor links in your emails and what you can do instead to point your contacts in the right direction.

Visitor

Re: Anchor links

This new update from Constant Contact is not good. Not happy, either.

Highlighted

If there was an HTML editor for the Third Generation of editor, we could manually insert anchor links. Please consider this as an option.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @DeniseN3,

Thanks for your feedback and we understand how having access to the HTML in our new Third-Generation Editor would be helpful for you. Rather than using Anchor Links we have found the Read More feature to be a better option. This is due to the limited support of Anchor Links by nearly every mobile email provider. Simply put, they are highly inconsistent. Please let us know if you need any assistance with including Read More links in your email campaigns as we're happy to help!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'd like to echo that not having this feature is a failure on Constant Contact's part. I am happy to answer some questions about why external linking is not an option for our company in particular. Thank you.

Hi @StaceyKN

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this feature. I apologize it is not currently available and can definitely understand how helpful it would be to have this feature. Especially in cases like yours, where external linking it not an option. At this time we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available. I have submitted your feedback on this in the meantime.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Not happy anchor options are gone. Short-sighted decision.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @NSNCdirector

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you are having a pleasant weekend. Thank you for reporting your feedback on anchor links. I have submitted it to our team. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

Add another complaint about the loss of anchor links. In debating between CC and , it looks like we're going to switch to . It's much more intuitive and we have anchor links. Removing them is an absurdly stupid move for CC. One of our main reasons for doing this is that we have no intention of continuing to publish our entire newsletter as a new webpage every week and end up doing double the work. We appreciate that in  we can create our newsletter, including both anchor links and read more making use of an archive of our email campaigns. Constant Contact is going backwards with the decision instead of looking forward. Notice how many responses and votes for those responses you've gotten compared to the votes you've gotten for your response that this feature has been done away with? I didn't seen one vote in favor of your response.

CTCT Employee

Hi @AnnN52,

Thanks for participating in the Community and providing your feedback regarding anchor links and the read more action blocks. I will certainly pass your feedback along to the appropriate teams for review. 

While the anchor links are not available when creating a brand new campaign in the third generation editor, you do have the option to copy a previous legacy campaign and make the changes you need to make. This will allow you to use the anchor links. 

One of the main reasons we have moved away from anchor links in our newest editor is that they do not translate well to mobile devices and we have found that an ever-increasing number of subscribers are viewing emails on their mobile devices. 

Your feedback has been noted. Please feel to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Alex S.

All Star

So, CCs fix for our needs is to suggest we use their older editor? Way to move backwards CC.