cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Anchoring

Top Answer
Hayley_L
CTCT Employee

Hello @DebbieH23,

We do not offer anchor links in our editor due to many email clients and devices no longer supporting them. I can see how this could be a useful feature for our customers but we want to have a product that works across all email clients and devices and having a feature that only works for a few is not desirable. I encourage you to view our post about why you should not include anchor links in your emails and what you can do instead to point your contacts in the right direction.

CTCT Employee

Re: Anchor links

Hello @SequoiaPFC,

I apologize that this feature has not been implemented into our Third Generation editing system. We completely understand why it is important to you to have Anchor Links. I would be more than happy to submit your feedback over to our engineers for review. Thank you for letting us know and I hope you have a wonderful day! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Valued Contributor

I believe we are fighting an uinwinnable battle, but I'm not ready to give up quite yet.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

We completely understand how you are feeling due to it not being implemented yet. It is a feature that other customers have also submitted feedback for. Hopefully anchor links are something we may have again! Thanks again for your feedback on this and I hope you have a great week. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

I have been holding out on switching to the third-gen editor and simply using my legacy second-gen newsletter. I decided this week that I had the time to update it and learn the new editor, so started a newsletter in the thrid-gen editor. As soon as I couldn't find the anchor links, I immediately came here. Lo and behold, no anchor links. We have been sending out a newsletter with a "table of contents" at the top for years now. We send it to about 1,000 people every two weeks and about 45% of our opens are on mobile devices. Do you know how many complaints we have had about anchor links not working? Zero! Do you know how many compliments we have on our table of contents? Multiple. Last time I checked "multiple" is more than "zero".

Hi @DeborahE3

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm happy to hear your anchor links have been working for your contacts. However we have come across many customers needing assistance with anchor links that are not functioning properly for their contacts. Most current desktop email clients and mobile email apps do not support these types of links. Here's an article from out Help Center that lists the different email clients where anchor links do not work correctly. We want both our customers and your contacts to have the best user experience, which is why anchor links and table of content links are not included in our third generation editor. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from not having this feature. I have tracked your feedback on this in your account and submitted it to the appropriate teams.

Frankie.P

Established Member

This is not really helpful. Any other ways to do a real anchor?

Highlighted

Hi @AidaC

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. At this time anchor links is not an available feature in our Third Generation editing system. I apologize for any inconveniences from not having this tool and have submitted your feedback on this in your account.

Frankie.P

The "Read More" action block does me no good. If I wanted to direct my newsletter readers to different articles - and those articles were posted on my website, for example - why would I use Constant Contact at all? I'd just put my newsletter up on the front page of my website! I want my newsletter to be a self-contained information piece. 

This was an incredibly short-sighted move on Constant Contact's part. Do you even ask for customer input before making sweeping changes like this one? I'm guessing from the number of comments on this topic that you don't - and that's something you should consider in the future. Right after you put back the anchor tag functionality, that is.

Hi @JamesF9

I apologize for any inconvenience our workaround may cause. I can understand how helpful an anchor link can be in your email campaigns. In fact, I have submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams.  I would also suggest posting your feedback on this feature in our Feedback Board. All feedback posted on this board is read by our Product team. This board also gives you the option to vote on other feature requests you would like to see as well.

Frankie.P

Valued Contributor

I couldn't believe they removed anchor links from the 3rd gen editor. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they removed so many features that previously existed.

I read that the reason is that shorter emails are better, and in a shorter email you wouldn't need an anchor.

Has Constant Contact never heard of a newsletter? It's different from a marketing email that has a more single-minded action that it hopes subscribers will take. In newsletters you present multiple topics (articles), and anchor links help the reader move to the sections they are interested in.

If we could edit the html we could add our own anchor links, but alas that has been taken away as well.

I wonder what type of focus group CC used to evaluate what to keep and what to get rid of.

Tags (2)