Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchoring

Top Answer
Hayley_L
CTCT Employee

Hello @DebbieH23,

We do not offer anchor links in our editor due to many email clients and devices no longer supporting them. I can see how this could be a useful feature for our customers but we want to have a product that works across all email clients and devices and having a feature that only works for a few is not desirable. I encourage you to view our post about why you should not include anchor links in your emails and what you can do instead to point your contacts in the right direction.

CTCT Employee

Re: Anchor links

Hi @BettyM48 and @PhotzaP,

Thanks for asking about Anchor Links! In our newest editor, we have replaced this functionality with a Read More action block. It helps to keep your email campaign short while driving your contacts to your web presence with a clear call-to-action. To insert a "Read more" link in your email campaign, click More:

2018-01-23_13-13-29.png

Then select the Read More option:  

2018-01-23_13-14-27.png

Clicking the "Read more" link in your email campaign will take your readers directly to the webpage in order to view the full content.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Frequent Visitor

That's a nice feature, but it doesn't accomplish jumping to a spot within the email itself. Is there not a way to do that now?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @MaddieS58,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. At this time we do not have any plans to include anchors in our new Third-Generation editor. There is very limited support for anchors in emails, almost every mobile email client doesn't have support for it and almost half of the most commonly used email clients are mobile. Although this is not a plan for now, I would be more than happy to submit your feedback to our Developers for review. Your feedback is valuable to us, we are always looking for ways to improve your experience with our system. Feel free to let us know of any features that you feel could be beneficial for our system and we will submit them for you. I also want to apologize once more for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Frequent Visitor

Not having this feature is very inconvenient and short-sighted.  There IS still a need for it, and you should not assume that all of your clients want to anchor to web content.  Fail. 

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @AmberL19680,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand how convenient it would be to still have the Anchor feature included. I do apologize for the inconvenience of no longer having this feature added to our system. I'd be more than happy to track your feedback for informational purposes. The Read More action block is what we currently have for our Third-Generation editor. I understand that the functionality for this feature is slightly different from what an Anchor link would accomplish. We are always working on ways to improve the experience with the system which is why we always keep track of all feedback. Feedback is extremely appreciated, so feel free to pass them along at any time. I want to apologize again for any inconvenience that this might have caused. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. Have a wonderful day.

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Visitor

This is extremely disappointing.  What email creator doesn't have anchor links?  The Read More option is useless and has nothing to do with anchor links.

This is a serious flaw and really makes me consider switching back to my previous provider.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @KyleT466,

Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your feedback about this. Because there is limited support for anchor links within mobile email providers we no longer offer this as a feature in our new Third-Generation Editor. Keep in mind the Read More feature is a nice way to keep your email short and drive your contacts to your web presence with a clear call-to-action! We do understand how this can be an inconvenience and we'd be sorry to see you go! Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

The decision to eliminate traditional anchors is not a solution, and not forward thinking, it is simply a change in philosophy that is premature. Anchors are not obsolete, but rather, an important tool for an important information system within many organizations. 

It's likely that there are thousands of your customers who still use Constant Contact as an incredible newsletter creation system within their organizations. For many, the idea of a newsletter, especially internally, is to actually NOT have to go to the website or any external sources - everything is contained within the newsletter.  You've also eliminated any hope of getting around this issue, by taking away the ability to work within the code itself.

I think I'm not alone in advising to bring back these abilities in any new versions.

I'm an editor/designer who's been off Constant Contact for a few years now, after having grown weary of its design limitations, but recently have been working on a new, simple email prototype for a client (who owns this account). As I was preparing for a meeting with him tomorrow to go over things, since he's not as tech savvy, I looked up "anchor links" to show him that, only to find this sad thread. It comes on the heels of discovering that one can no longer edit html code in the "new" editor. As someone who taught a proprietary software to people and grew accustomed to hearing complaints about what they could no longer do with the new software, I know both sides here. But I favor the user: This is pathetic. What CC's clients are hearing in its canned responses above is: "We either don't have the know-how to make this work across email platforms" or "We just don't care." What my client will hear tomorrow: "You may want to consider ."

Highlighted
All Star

Add me to the long list of users who would like for anchor links to return. 

Are you serious @ConstantContact? You're not going to put the function back? Your "read more" function is not what we need.

Constant Contact has been really practical but so expensive. That's only because users are so used to your -excellent- interface that I -admin- haven't switched yet to a cheaper competitor. But here, we now have a problem that also upsets users.