Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchoring

Top Answer
Hayley_L
CTCT Employee

Hello @DebbieH23,

We do not offer anchor links in our editor due to many email clients and devices no longer supporting them. I can see how this could be a useful feature for our customers but we want to have a product that works across all email clients and devices and having a feature that only works for a few is not desirable. I encourage you to view our post about why you should not include anchor links in your emails and what you can do instead to point your contacts in the right direction.

Re: Anchor links

If you don't support Anchor Links, what is your recommendation for a newsletter that has several short articles with a LEARN MORE button - are you suggesting that one should create a landing page for EACH article or that you send a reader to the top of a one page, and have them manually scroll down to the article they want to read about. What is Constant Contact's suggestion?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @KathleenM539,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.  I'm sorry that you are encountering this difficulty.  Unfortunately many modern email clients (especially on mobile devices) do not support anchor links, while web-pages do.  Having individual article landing pages is actually a very common solution to this, as well as having one large page with anchor links in its own table of contents.  In addition, it would drive further traffic to your website which is an excellent way to keep your online presence up.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Valued Contributor

For many years Constant Contact provided multiple templates with anchor links at the top, and seemed to promote this as a good solution for newsletters, as KathleenM539 outlines. Suddenly it is seen as a problem because not all email clients handle it the same way. But this is true of MANY things that have not been eliminated--for instance I have receltnly encounted an issue where the stacking Constant Contact has implemented for mobile devices works differently in different programs, and I understand they have decided not to be concerned about that.

So why not allow anchor links for this purpose? I think CC customers, and their subscribers, will understand that in cases where the anchors don't work they need to scroll down. This is not rocket science, and there are good reasons to make anchor links available for those subscribers whose email clients process them correctly.

Of course we want to drive more visitors to our website, but since we are presenting many topics in one newsletter, we want them to first find the link they actually want within our newsletter, read the teaser, and decide to click through because it interests them!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @JulieL34

Thank you for providing your feedback, I absolutely can understand where you are coming from and assure you we have provided your feedback to our product team. If you have further questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to assist however we can. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

This is super disappointing - now I have to start from scratch with a new provider?! I do a school newsletter and sometimes it can get quite long, so Anchor Links from the top list of topics gets more readers to actually click on the item and be taken down to where it is in the newsletter. otherwise they don't bother to scroll down, down and search for the correct heading for that topic. SUPER disappointing! It's been there in the past, how hard is it to add it back?!!?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @SequoiaPFC

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize that we do not have Anchor links in our Third Generation editing system. We have removed those from our new templates because Anchor links are not mobile responsive, and our new templates are designed to look amazing on a mobile device for all of our customers to enjoy. I would love to track your feed back on this though, and you will be contacted with any updates on this request! 

Brian_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Anchors

Hi, I was wondering when or how to add anchors into a campaign in the 3rd generation of Constant Contact.
CTCT Employee

Re: Anchors

Hello @MichelleM4040,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize but we do not offer Anchor links in our 3rd Generation editing system. Unfortunately, anchor links are not mobile responsive and our new templates are designed to look and work amazing on a mobile device, as well as a computer. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am submitting your feedback on this request! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

@BettyM48 wrote:
Are there versions that cannot create anchor links? I cannot find it anywhere. Please help ASAP. Thanks!

use the alt attribute

Hi @user94183

Thank you for sharing your workaround with us! I would however like to mention, at this time our Third Generation Editor does not offer access to its HTML. Without HTML access users in this editor would be unable to use the alt attribute you have provided.

Frankie.P