Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animated GIF

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Animated GIF

As I prepare my campaign I am able to upload an animated GIF to my library.  I can insert the GIF into my campaign and it appears that the GIF will animate.  When I send myself a test, the GIF is not animated.  Do animated GIF's work in a campaign?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Animated GIF

Hi @TomB077

Great question! You can upload and insert an animated gif but not all email clients will show the animation. Here's a full list but two common email clients that won't show the animation are Outlook and Mac Mail. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Solution Provider

Hi, 

Is there an update on this thread? Since our Constant Contact emails go 90% businesses, it stands to reason almost all of them use Outlook, or perhaps MacMail. And those two won't see the animation? That seems like a rather important issue. Have there been any updates? Clients who advertise on our newsletter send GIF's and are very annoyed when they don't work.

CTCT Employee

Hello @SaskatchewanChamber,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We completely understand how important it is for your customers to view animation in all email clients. Constant Contact has not been informed of an update with Outlook or MacMail about this limitation.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused! Please click here for more information about Display Issues in Specific Email Clients. 

ZOE/H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.