cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Animated from icon in gmail

Occasional Contributor

Animated from icon in gmail

Hi, I figured out how to created an animated gif that shows up as the from icon in gmail. That’s sending from another gmail account, just changed your profile picture in google+.

However, when I send an email from Constant Contact the from icon just shows a circle with “C” in it.

How do I customize that image?
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Animated from icon in gmail

Hi @BenM589 

That's a great question! While I understand how useful it would be to customize this icon, I apologize customizing this icon is not a feature that is available as it is not a setting that Constant Contact controls. This from icon displays differently depending on the email client and the contact's account settings. You can have an image show as the icon in your personal account through adding the "From Email" address to your contact list and manually adding an image to it. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

I see, so the easiest way is to set it in gmail and change the profile pic there. I have done that and it works.

However, if I change the from address will it show the gmail address then?

Hi @BenM589. Yes, if you change the From address in your Constant Contact campaign, the icon in Gmail will change as well if the profile icon was not already updated. Each Gmail address has their own settings. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.