cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any workarounds for Outlook CSS issues - ie; border-radius for buttons

All Star

Any workarounds for Outlook CSS issues - ie; border-radius for buttons

I know that there are formatting issues when opening an email campaign in Outlook and Windows Mail, but I am unable to find any workarounds and thought I would ask here.  If there is not anything currently available, do you know if it is in the works?

Here is an example:

I edited the CSS for my email campaign and added a border-radius (rounded corners) to several buttons. It looks great in most mail programs/browsers, but not Outlook. The box remains square.

Another issue is that Outlook/Windows Mail changes a clicked on link to purple and it doesn't matter if you have specified any other color.

These are just a few of the many frustrating CSS issues with Outlook & Windows Mail that have been around for a long time and it is really frustrating.

Thanks and hope someone out there knows some magic that I don't!

Trish
PS - Hey CC ... are you working on adding a custom editor and access to CSS? Still using the Legacy editor and crossing my fingers you will be rolling something out real soon.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Any workarounds for Outlook CSS issues - ie; border-radius for buttons

Hey @JohnO32,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize for the frustration that Outlook is causing when rendering our emails. I appreciate you giving us specific examples, that is super helpful! One big thing that we need to know in order to troubleshoot is what version of Outlook you are working with? Each version renders Constant Contact emails differently, so there are different workarounds for each version (if there is a workaround). Would you be able to provide screenshots of how the email is rendering and what version you are using? Thank you so much for your time! 

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!