cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how to embed a survey in an email?

SOLVED

I'm looking for a simple survey: 1 question. Ideally the user would click a button for their response (each answer is a link) and based on their response it would take them to a different survey page.

I hate the extra step required for someone to actually 'click a link to take this survey', which I'm sure must drastically reduce the likelihood that people will respond, vs. allowing them to simply click an answer and be done.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-James
Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Honored Contributor

Hi James, At this time, you can only link to your surveys in your emails. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Whenever I see suggestions like this where the request is not possible, I like to submit feedback for the customer to engineering. I'm going to submit this request and see what we can do! Thanks, Jarrad

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: Anyone know how to embed a survey in an email?

Any update on this?  I'm also looking for a way to embed the survey into my email.

Thanks,

Christine

Honored Contributor

Hi,

The feature request was updated by a product owner. We cannot embed a survey into an email because the form data will be stripped out before it reaches your contact. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Visitor

just curious if embedding a poll or survey is something constant contact will ever be able to do?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We're looking for this ability as well to embed survey or poll within an email. I believe we would get a better level of response if users could respond directly instead of have to open a web page.

UPDATED: June 2018

While polls are still able to be placed into a 2GE template by inserting a survey link, they can also be placed in a 3GE template through inserting a poll block.

The information below is out of date.

-----

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not something we will be able to do because of restrictions in third party email clients. If we gave the ability to embed the survey it would be disabled and information would be stripped before being opened by the subscriber.

Thanks for passing along your thoughts. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

We are also looking for the ability to embed the survey in an email or webpage. I see it done all the time, so there must be a way for Constant Contact to allow this.

People are much more likely to just start answering the questions in an email than they are to click a link to a survey.

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it is a third party restriction that won't allow the information to come back after being entered into the survey. As a result, Constant Contact does not allow the embedding to happen. You can however, embed a Constant Contact survey in a website using Iframe if you are familair with coding it.

I'm happy to pass along your thoughts on this topic, thanks for posting!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Visitor

Hi Hannah, 

I am hereby writing you in order to have some information about the steps to follow in order to be able to have a Constant Contact survey Iframe and embed it in our website?

Thank you.

Regards,

Aurélie