cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching PDF File function gone?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Attaching PDF File function gone?

Hi, I searched how to attach PDF file to my email campaign and found that your website has a "PDF to email" button. This button seems to have been next to customs code button but I cannot find it now. Please let me know.
4 REPLIES 4
Occasional Contributor

Re: Attaching PDF File function gone?

I am also curious to know other ways to post PDF file as if we attach it to usual emails. (I already know how to make a link to it..)

CTCT Employee

Hello @USKoreaInst,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The "PDF to email" option is something we are currently rolling out to all of our customers. This gives you the ability to simply insert a PDF into an email as image. While your account does not currently have this feature yet, you can still convert PDFs into images in your library, following our FAQ on Converting PDFs Into Images. At this time we do not have the ability to attach a PDF to an email; only the option to link to a PDF or put an image into an email (converted from a PDF). I hope this helps.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

i’d like further clarification of this. when attaching a PDF from my library, one would think the link in the email would link to the PDF, but instead, it only links to a files.constantcontact.com page, created from the  PDF. but to be clear, i want to offer the ACTUAL PDF, not a web link, for obvious reasons. i worked with customer support last evening and got nowhere — please clarify. thanks.

Tags (2)

Hi @BethF151

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about the PDFs in your emails! At this time PDFs can only be inserted into an email as a link and not an attachment. PDFs are included through a web link instead to help allow your contacts, who may not have compatible software, to read these documents and to help prevent large file sizes to cause your email to be undeliverable. However the good news is your contacts will still be able to download your PDF through the web link.

2018-04-26_13-08-23.png

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I also have submitted your feedback on this in your account as well.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.