cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Replies

Occasional Visitor

Auto Replies

Why do auto replies go to the email of the sender when they should go the email of the person that is designated for replies? Could this be fixed in your system.
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Auto Replies

Hi @EileenS36,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Community. I can understand why it would be more beneficial for the preferred reply-to address selected in Constant Contact to be the recipient of the auto-reply message. The preferred reply-to message works when a recipient manually chooses to reply-to the email they received. But an auto-reply message isn't necessarily replying to the email that was sent, it was triggered by the email client itself to notify the sender (in this case, the From address) that the person is on vacation, etc. At this time it's not something Constant Contact can control, however I will track your request in your account for our developers to review.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

Hi Lucas,

Is this still the case?

CTCT Employee

Hello @ImpactGroupMarketing,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

Yes, this is definitely still the case. The receiving email client chooses the address that it would like to respond to so, unfortunately, we do not have control over this. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!