Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Emails Not Sending when a new email is added

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Automated Emails Not Sending when a new email is added

Hello

I created a 3 part series of emails (as a test to see if it works).  The first email is welcome email and is set to send immediately after an email address is added.  The other 2 emails will send one day after another.  Today I added to new email addresses in the list that is associated with this series and nothing has been sent nor has it been queued.  I see the emails in the list but they won't send.  Whay is that? They have been in the leist for a at least 30 minutes.  I would think when the option to send immediately is checked, those emails would send immediately.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Solution Provider

Re: Automated Emails Not Sending when a new email is added

Follow up.  I ended up calling CC and after about 15 minutes, a new email list had to be created and then associated with the campaign.  Although I did create a new list and one email was sent from that list, it seems the new email list corrected the issue.

What I was told was that when doing this type of campaign, you cannot use an exisitng email list (which I did not).  It has to be a brand new list (or 2) to get it working.  It seems to me it's a little buggy but we'll see.  This is a test for us anyways.  I would suggest anyone wanting to do this type of campaign to test it it out first.

Hope this helps others in the future.

Re: Automated Emails Not Sending when a new email is added

Hello @MichaelY719. I'm glad to hear that our Support team was able to assist you with the issue you were experiencing with your autoresponder. It does look like the contacts on this list has started receiving your emails and they are queuing properly. Please let us know if we can assist you further!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.