Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated email 1 Month, 3 Months, and 6 Months after Enrollment Date

Occasional Contributor

Automated email 1 Month, 3 Months, and 6 Months after Enrollment Date

How could I set up things in Constant Contact such that

• "One Month Check in Email" is sent out a month after the enrollment date
  • "Three Month meet the Instructor Email" is sent out 6 months after the enrollment date
  • "Nine Month set up a Parent check-in Email" is sent out 9 months after the enrollment date

All this should be automated and based on the enrollment date.  You can assume that the list of enrolled student is static and set up once -- just to keep this discussion simple.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Automated email 1 Month, 3 Months, and 6 Months after Enrollment Date

Hello @SohilP0. Great question! Constant Contact has a feature called Autoresponder where you can schedule emails to be sent out at designated times once a contact has been added to a list. This is available through our Email Plus package. Here are a few additional links that can provide more information about this feature:

Create a Series of Automated Emails [Video]

Schedule an Automated Email in an Autoresponder Series

Manage an Autoresponder Series

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

My use case is simple.  

1) I am loading all my 100 students with their (differing) enrollment dates today.  Keep in mind, I am not loading students at different times,

2) I would like the first email to go out on enrollment date + 1 month

3) I would like the second email to go out on enrollment date + 3 months

2) I would like the third email to go out on enrollment date + 6 months

I do not think that Constant Contact provides "this basic functionality" that I am looking for.  What I want to do is as under:

1) Send a series of emails -- this is what you provide today

2) Send the first email based NOT on when the contact was added to the list (which Autoresponder does allow), but instead based on a month elapsed since a date (in my case the enrollment date of a student).  

Can you think of a creative way to deliver this functionality that I am looking for?  

Hello @SohilP0. At this time, our automated email feature can only be triggered when a contact is added to a list, not a date that you assign to a contact. We are always looking for ways to improve our Autoresponder feature and I will certainly provide feedback for you to our Product team.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for confirming that this functionality is not available.  Please let me know when this is added.  I will look into using Constant Contact for this use case then.