How could I set up things in Constant Contact such that
All this should be automated and based on the enrollment date. You can assume that the list of enrolled student is static and set up once -- just to keep this discussion simple.
Hello @SohilP0. Great question! Constant Contact has a feature called Autoresponder where you can schedule emails to be sent out at designated times once a contact has been added to a list. This is available through our Email Plus package. Here are a few additional links that can provide more information about this feature:
My use case is simple.
1) I am loading all my 100 students with their (differing) enrollment dates today. Keep in mind, I am not loading students at different times,
2) I would like the first email to go out on enrollment date + 1 month
3) I would like the second email to go out on enrollment date + 3 months
2) I would like the third email to go out on enrollment date + 6 months
I do not think that Constant Contact provides "this basic functionality" that I am looking for. What I want to do is as under:
1) Send a series of emails -- this is what you provide today
2) Send the first email based NOT on when the contact was added to the list (which Autoresponder does allow), but instead based on a month elapsed since a date (in my case the enrollment date of a student).
Can you think of a creative way to deliver this functionality that I am looking for?
Hello @SohilP0. At this time, our automated email feature can only be triggered when a contact is added to a list, not a date that you assign to a contact. We are always looking for ways to improve our Autoresponder feature and I will certainly provide feedback for you to our Product team.
Thanks for confirming that this functionality is not available. Please let me know when this is added. I will look into using Constant Contact for this use case then.