cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Color when Forwarding Emails

Background Color when Forwarding Emails

Is there a way to apply a background color or image that doesn't take over an email when someone replies or forwards it?

It appears that the background style is applied to the email body, rather than a content div, so when someone replies, the entire email body suddenly has the same background. I really feel as if there has to be a solution. I recently came from another email marketing platform and they were able to change it. I did, however, speak with three people from Constant Contact who all said it was not possible. Yet I have received an email from an organization using Constant Contact where the background does not take over the replies/forwards of the email. There has to be a way to add a white divider or white block across the entire top of the email before starting the actual design/template with the colored background. Has anyone been able to find a solution? I really don't have to resort to creating only templates with white backgrounds.

1 REPLY
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Background Color when Forwarding Emails

Hello @MainStreetCommunityFoundation,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your replies.  We are actively collecting feedback on this issue and I would love you pass it along to the appropriate teams for review.  Could you please send us an email to communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the email client the email was replied from(The @email.com should be more than enough), The email client you received it to and a screen shot of how the email looked when you received it?  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!