cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices on updating existing email only list to gather additional data

SOLVED

Best practices on updating existing email only list to gather additional data

Hi. Early on we had a form on our site that invited people to get added to our email list. The only piece of data collected was their email address. I would like to request additional information or allow them to unsubscribe. I will ask for name, company, email, state and job title with email and state being mandatory - the very least I need to at least be able to do a campaign by region. Right now about 40% of our names are these email only contacts.

I was thinking if I'd just send them a link to our current form and invite them to update their info. If their email already exists in the system I assume Constant Contact will add the additional data to their account - is that correct?

Any other feedback or experiences you have had with this would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Best practices on updating existing email only list to gather additional data

Hi @Burt13447 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! It's always important to make sure your contact details are correct and the most up-to-date information available. With that said, you do have the ability to direct contacts to a sign-up form you may have posted on line. You can also share the URL to a landing-page sign-up form. The newly added information will be added into these contacts. You also have the option of directing contacts to the Update Profile Form in the footer of your sent emails. 

my-settings-emails-features-email-footer-options-update-profile-removed-no-option-save-button-step45.png

Customizing this form allows you to choose what personal information is captured on your contacts, as well as the mailing list options your contacts can choose to subscribe to.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.