cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big issues with Gen. 3 Editing Upgrade

All Star

Big issues with Gen. 3 Editing Upgrade

I am a long-time Constant Contact user and fan. But that ended with your most recent email template upgrade. Where is the ability to add a caption to a photo? Where do I go to remove a line on a hyperlink? And, how do I print out a proof to read on paper before sending? Please put these functions, which were in your legacy templates, back immediately. Otherwise, we will be exploring options for other providers. I just spoke with a friendly customer service rep who told me all these functions were eliminated. Why???????
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Big issues with Gen. 3 Editing Upgrade

Hi @SallyH18134,

Thanks so much for reaching out with your concerns! We definitely appreciate your feedback and have submitted it appropriately. We also apologize for any confusion but the great news is that you are still able to do these same functions within our new Third Generation Editor! For example, you can still add an image caption by inserting a text block directly below your image:

2018-06-14_15-18-24.png

In addition to styling a text link you can remove link underlining altogether by clicking the Design tab and deselecting the underline option for Links:

2018-06-14_15-37-30.png

Finally, we always recommend sending a test version of your email campaign to yourself before sending it to your contacts. This enables you to print your email campaign directly from your own email inbox. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with regarding our new editor!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

The solution offered does not work when you are doing text wrapping. How do we caption a photo in text that is wrapped? 

Hi @ChristopherO 

Thank you for giving us this feedback on our provided workaround. You are correct, text wrapping your photos does make the workaround a little different. Because of this, I would suggest adding your caption directly in your text. The key is making sure you insert an extra line mentioning the picture is located to the left of the right. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by image captions not being an available feature. I have submitted this feedback to our Product team.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.